Moving to Dubai as a single parent

Hiya,

I am a 31 year old single UK woman with one child (7years old). The company I work for are opening a site in Dubai and I have the opportunity to move there.
I've done some googling but there isn't much information on single parents in Dubai.
Does anyone know how easy/difficult moving to Dubai with a child is? What kind of rent prices and school fees would I be looking at etc.?

Well, first best thing in Dubai is everyone respects a woman but at the same the world is full of predators you need to be careful about yourself and your child safety first..

call 901 Dubai police faster, safer and secure..

eat healthy, follow rules, don't assume things just ask openly.

Rent: share accommodation  with your ethnicity so you'll pay less and you don't feel lonely, always be responsible for your belongings

School Fee: lesser compares to other countries but there will be no financial aids or scholarships like other countries.

COL; is high for sure..

City Dubai; is small so you'll be connected fast...

For me Dubai is fine city for single parent secured and safe

Hi,

Dubai is safe place to stay.

For your child safety you can find here play group nursery as well care taker who can look after your child.

Rent is depend on how luxury you want like from AED 3000 to 10k.

School fees is less compare to UK but its not free here.

You can stay in Hotel Apartment for few weeks and then you can explore and shift to your comfortable place.

Thank you 😊

Based on my experiences here, I can say that Dubai is a wonderful place to live safely. Here the expenses are quite high as you know already, but with a self spending control, you can easily manage it.

Your income is tax free and that's a great initiative to start saving for future.

Hi!

I am looking into Dubai as an alternative for me to open a company and stay.
I am a single father to a young boy, anything I should be aware of when it comes to visas, since I don´t have a partner?

I also have a helper from the Philippines that I would like to bring with me, can I still do this as a single parent? If I understand correctly, I need to rent something that is minimum of 2 bedrooms, but I heard that you can rent a 1 bedroom with a maid's room, can anyone confirm?

Many thanks!

Hi

Now you can open company without local partner.

And on your company you can get your Visa as well your family.

You can find 2BR, 1BR as per your choice of area with budget.

@Karl Christensen

For getting visa for your maid in Dubai or in any other emirates, you have to connect with a UAE government approved maid agency known as TADBEER Centres.

There are certain conditions which the employers should follow such as income, family staus, etc., in order to secure maid visa for their domestic helper.

So, it's better for you to browse the Tadbeer website ( https://www.tadbeer.me ) and talk to their customer support team regarding your concerns.

As of March, 2021, no private agencies are allowed to provide domestic workers visa services and hence I suggest you to move the legal way with a recognized Tadbeer center.