Starting a business in Brazil

Hi, I am an Indian, i am planning to start a business in Brazil, what may be the minimum investment for that?

R$500,000, generally.   There are many additional requirements; check with your nearest Brazilian Consulate for the details.

VITEM IX –Temporary Visa IX – investor visa; May only be granted in Brazil. You may contact your Consulate for the information you may need.

There are a few topics on this subject in this forum and I think USD 200,000.00 was the figure, but I am not sure

the guru got your answer while I was typing,
Thanks, abthree

Does buying one or 2  rental units for more than R$500,000 meet this requirement?

Drjmagic wrote:

Does buying one or 2  rental units for more than R$500,000 meet this requirement?

Interesting question!

The law seems clear that the investment must be of the kind that creates permanent jobs in Brazil, and needs to be approved beforehand by the Labor Ministry to guarantee this.  Some here seem to have reported success in leveraging rental properties into an authorization for residency, though - maybe someone with that experience can chime in.  If the investment is "new" capital, i.e., all money from abroad,  not counting anticipated Brazilian cash flow, there may be some flexibility.

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

Thank you

is it possible for me to collaborate an investment with my Brazilian friend for starting a mutually agreeing business

Because of the language barrier and the complex bureaucracy, partnering with a trusted Brazilian citizen can be a smart tactic for a foreign investor.   However,  to qualify for an investor visa/authorization of residency,  you'll still need to bring at least R$500,000  in new, foreign funds to the enterprise.

It's worth noting that when the current law was enacted in 2017, R$500,000 was worth about $150,000 USD; depreciation of the Real in the intervening years has reduced that to something closer to $100,000 USD.  I think that it's only a matter of time before the Brazilian Government redefines that requirement in Dollar terms rather than Real terms, and removes the discount;  they've already redefined the Retirement Visa that way.

Reeju wrote:

Hi, I am an Indian, i am planning to start a business in Brazil, what may be the minimum investment for that?

Hi, you are looking to get a VISA/passport as part of the investment follow the Brazilian Gov web link below and enter the following info, and you'll see there are three investor VISAs

1. Entrepreneur with investment between R $ 150,000.00 and R $ 500,000.00 - RN 13/2017

2. Investor with investment equal to or greater than R $ 500,000.00 - RN 13/2017

3. Real Estate Investor - RN 36/2018 R $ 1,000,000 depending on location

Hope that helps Chris

https://portaldeimigracao.mj.gov.br/pt/nav-guiada

What is your location? *
                                    Outdoor

What is the origin of your nationality? *
                                    Select a nationality

In wich country are you? *
                                    Select a country

Do You Have A Visa? *
                                    Not

Do you wish to issue a visa? *
                                            Yes

What is the Desired Purpose? *
                        Investidor - Pessoa Física

Select an RN *

1. Entrepreneur with investment between R $ 150,000.00 and R $ 500,000.00 - RN 13/2017

2. Investor with investment equal to or greater than R $ 500,000.00 - RN 13/2017

3. Real Estate Investor - RN 36/2018