Traveling to Costa Rica

My partner and I are planning and 2-3 week trip to Costa Rica in April.  We know to return to the states we need a Covid test done 72 hours prior to the flight.  This can change April we know but for now, are their clinics in most cities in CR that are doing the test?  Are the names and addresses of these clinics posted in the SJ Airport?  Does the Airport in SJ offer the tests as well?

Thanks!

ND

If you are going to be around San Jose area Labin is one of the biggest Covid testing labs
They may be also be throughout the country
I returned to US this past Saturday and my test cost $93.00 and they emailed the results in about 8 hours

Hope this helps
Also don't forget when entering Costa Rica you will need to purchase a Health Pass for Covid insurance runs about $11.00 dollars per day per person

I also found out That Enterprise Rental car is offering 24 Covid test at in San Jose airport location but I don't believe I saw any locations in the physical offering Covid test

https://labinlab.com/

Thank you so much for answering and so quickly.  This truly helps us. 

ND

Labotorios  San Jose

About this COVID insurance, if I already have travel + health insurance that specifically covers COVID before entering the country (I checked), that should work as well, correct?

Can't  give a definite  yes but seems logical  BUT dont rely on logic  in central America

Check with on the Costa Rican ministry
I know from mine experience they require a Costa Rican firm such as INS
because I live here 60 % I have a yearly policy since Covid through INS
Also you need to apply on the ministry site for the health pass 48 hours before your travel they require it at the airport in the US before boarding and you need to show it at Immigration here when entering CR they will stamp your passport with the numbers of days you purchased insurance for
check with the CR ministry to see if the will except your travel insurance 

Hope this helps

There's 3 here that are excepted. I just found out  INS , Grupo ins. and Blue cross and blue shield.from friends experience  was to go with Grupo. Its government  ins.

Thanks JBuonopane12. With the 48 hours...does that mean at least 48 hours before travel, or within 48 hours of travel?

There is no requirement to get a covid test to return to the US as of March 1. I traveled from the US to CR in Jan, 2021 and there was no requirement to reenter the US (If you have a different passport than US, it could be different). I am going back March 11. The only requirement is the CR covid insurance to enter CR. There is no requirement returning to the US. If I'm wrong, I need someone to tell me soon (haha) before I leave next week, but I'm confident I'm correct.

Looks like Biden did make a new order for a test as of Jan 26th for return to the US. The American Airlines reference site for requirements wasn't updated.

Yes, the rule Biden put into place is that ANYONE including legal US Citizens and Residents have to have the test 3 days prior to travel.    I am not surprised American Airlines did not update this, that airline has gone to hell ,not that it was all that great prior to the Pandemic.

I believe that any hotel that you stay at should be able to provide you with that information - or if you are staying with friends, you can ask them, they are sure to know.  I thought I read where you could even get the test at the airport (but that is cutting it way too close).

This has become such an easy process.  I go back and forth for 6 months and it gets easier every time.  The prices vary greatly but I did my last test and had results within 30 minutes, $50.  It is available at the airport and though it is a little more pricey it is totally streamlined.  No sweat.  Enjoy your trip!  PURA VIDA