Prefab homes for the maritime zone

Hello,
I'm looking for recommendations for prefab home builders.  I have property in the maritime zone.
Many thanks!
Josie

Hi Josie,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to check the following list of Housing & building contractors in the business directory : https://www.expat.com/en/business/centr … ntractors/

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Hi Josie - I have been here in CR for over 40 years. I have dealt with the maritime zone regarding developing and building in it since 1989. Over the years things have become more and more restrictive in building in the MZ . Even with a registered concession extra CR bureaucratic agencies are often involved. Just because the structure is pre-fabricated doesn't give it an automatic green light to be placed in a maritime zone which doesnt have a Plan Regulador (Zoning Plan). There is a grey area here regarding the type of structure which can be built and I have found each municipality can be different in what they will allow. I have found where some munis will allow anything on wheels and some people have simply used a container home and left it on the truck trailer  with the wheels and tires. You would still need some form of bio digester for your black water as a standard septic system would require holes dug and cncrete laid. There are number of container home builders in CR. Try -- tinyhomes.com with Richard Krug or  Jimmy Lee .. Containerhomes costa rica.com -- he is in San Ramon. Both will deliver.  There are good builders in the Manzanillo beach area... just to your south in Santa Teresita.  Good luck and make sure you get the muni okay. What about water and electrical service ?