What type of coffee should I use for a bean to cup coffee maker?

Have anyone of you used a bean to cup coffee maker?
Is Nespresso really the real deal?
Ratings for a Condura Bean To Cup Coffee Maker?

This is easy as pie!
As many of you know I spent 3.5 years living in Bella Napoli!
Home of Nespresso! Follow the link below and learn about Italian coffee! Salute!!

https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/home?gc … lsrc=aw.ds

Dennis

I love Italian roast! Bean to cup sounds really good. Just use fresh roasted beans - darker or lighter depending on your taste preference. Also note that darker roasts have less caffeine.

I personally think the coffeemakers that use single-use plastic disposable cartridges for each cup are a waste of resources (plastic, made from fossil fuels) and really bad for the environment. In the Philippines a lot of single-use plastic ends up in the ocean.

Nothing wrong with using a paper filter and ground coffee. It only takes a few extra seconds and is better for the environment. Not to mention less cost. I even have a one cup machine I got at True Value that has one of those metal screens - no filter required.

hellorosie wrote:

Have anyone of you used a bean to cup coffee maker?
Is Nespresso really the real deal?
Ratings for a Condura Bean To Cup Coffee Maker?

A little off your question, but I use a Cuisinart Electric Percolator (bought at Walmart) that I shipped from the states when I moved to the Philippines.

At Sam's Club in the states they had lots of whole coffee beans choices and they had a grinder.  I had seen whole coffee beans at S&R but no grinder, so I had to settle for Folgers at more than $18 USD.

I  have a 2nd Cuisinart Electric perk N.I.B., also have two Kitchen Mixers N.I.B..

Their coffee tastes great and can be purchased in lots of varieties. For regular use though I have never found a big company especially Nestle to produce anything healthy and coffee is a superfood in some respects so it is very powerful in helping or disabling the body according to how you use it. I would get an organic coffee from growers in Philippines. Beautiful, and healthy if not overdone. Dont drink after midday and enjoy one or two cups if strong. Do not have too many!

pnwcyclist wrote:

Nothing wrong with using a paper filter and ground coffee. It only takes a few extra seconds and is better for the environment. Not to mention less cost. I even have a one cup machine I got at True Value that has one of those metal screens - no filter required.

Absolutely nothing wrong with drip coffee with paper filters.
I also use an 8 oz capacity French press and (whole) milk frothing/heating machine I bought from Amaz0n. This would make two cups of cappuccino. No syrup on my cappuccino please. ☕
No plastic added to the trash from making my coffee.

Enzyte Bob wrote:

I had seen whole coffee beans at S&R but no grinder,

I've seen a grinder at S&R. It was quite expensive. So I didn't buy it.

I remember when I was little, my grandma from Batangas had a manual grinder, a big, metal, clunky thing mounted on a counter and had a crank. It was mainly used for grinding roasted coffee beans.

Anyone here ever smelled a coffee flower? It smells really sweet.

Best coffee I've had here in the Philippines: Xandro's barako coffee in tea bags. I bought 2 boxes from Bag O' Beans. I tried finding Xandro's on the internet. They're in Lipa Batangas. I contacted them thru fb messenger. No reply. I hope they're still open, considering the Covid situation and Taal Volcano eruption back in February.

Fil-Am Mom wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:

I had seen whole coffee beans at S&R but no grinder,

I've seen a grinder at S&R. It was quite expensive. So I didn't buy it.

On my post I wasn't talking about grinders for sale, I was talking about Sam's Club in the aisle with the whole bean coffee they had a grinder for customers to use. The grinder had several settings depending on how you want to brew your coffee. They even had sealing tape to secure your ground coffee. Sam's Club had an whole aisle devoted to coffee, unlike S&R, sometime my favorite brand is not available at S&R , that's why I have five cans of coffee on my grocery shelf at home.

I would imagine a coffee grinder would be quite expensive and would not be a practical home appliance. Also I don't think the sale of any coffee grinder at S&R or any other business would be flying off the shelf even for commercial use.

With the high price of Folgers Coffee, Coffee Mate and Splenda drinking coffee is not cheap.

Enzyte Bob wrote:

I  have a 2nd Cuisinart Electric perk N.I.B., also have two Kitchen Mixers N.I.B..

I have a brand new Kitchen Aid "Artisan" mixer in the retro aqua color sitting here to bring over. When we looked in Cebu it was 25,000 at S&R or Landers ($500), but I paid $250 on a Macy's sale here this summer. The way this COVID situation is going though, I don't know when I'll get back there so may have to send it in a Balikbayan box. It's a heavy sucker.

pnwcyclist wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:

I have a brand new Kitchen Aid "Artisan" mixer in the retro aqua color sitting here to bring over. When we looked in Cebu it was 25,000 at S&R or Landers ($500), but I paid $250 on a Macy's sale here this summer. The way this COVID situation is going though, I don't know when I'll get back there so may have to send it in a Balikbayan box. It's a heavy sucker.

Yes we sent both of them (one is the Professional 6 quart) in Balikbayan Boxes. Yup very expensive if purchased in the Philippines. We also sent two sets of Corelle dishware which is also very expensive in the Philippines.

One of the Kitchen Aide's was purchased through rebates on my Sam's Club charge card. 5% rebate on gasoline really helped.

Small electric Coffee grinders are not expensive. I bought mine at a Trödel Markt (Car Boot Sale) in Germany many years ago for 2 Euros and it's still going strong.

Now living I the Philippines, I grow my own coffee. I bought my plants 5 years ago locally, but this is the first year I have had a good harvest. I have six bushes, with another six which I have grown from seed.
Without machinery, processing is very time consuming. I use the "Wet Method" of production. I roast the green beans in an old aluminium wok, on a gas stove. It is not very accurate, but luckily I like Dark Roasted Coffee and "Second Crack" makes the house smell great.
I have been addicted to coffee for many years. Drinking my own produced is very satisfying.

https://bestyou.ph/products/easy-grinde … ign=Google Shopping&currency=PHP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrO6zsJrK7gIVC9iWCh057QrpEAQYASABEgK6v_D_BwE

*best you* maybe best for you... :D
Comes in different shades of blue or is it green?

Rammers wrote:

Small electric Coffee grinders are not expensive. I bought mine at a Trödel Markt (Car Boot Sale) in Germany many years ago for 2 Euros and it's still going strong.

Now living I the Philippines, I grow my own coffee. I bought my plants 5 years ago locally, but this is the first year I have had a good harvest. I have six bushes, with another six which I have grown from seed.
Without machinery, processing is very time consuming. I use the "Wet Method" of production. I roast the green beans in an old aluminium wok, on a gas stove. It is not very accurate, but luckily I like Dark Roasted Coffee and "Second Crack" makes the house smell great.
I have been addicted to coffee for many years. Drinking my own produced is very satisfying.

Jealous Rammers, well done, we tried and grew coffee in Oz but our dedication  was wasted for years even though the fruit was prolific our lives seemed to be elsewhere.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Steve.
I sympathise with you. I calculate it takes about 3 hour work to produce 2 cups.

I have had this coffee maker for almost 3 years and LOVE it. My parents have the same model, as well as my sister-in-law, and my brother. It's very easy to use, simple, straightforward, and dependable. It has the option of brewing a full pot (up to 12 cups) or a single serving (which is very convenient, although most of the time, we program it to brew a full pot). The programmable feature is a total game changer… if you don't have a coffee pot that you can program, let me assure you, this feature is a NECCESSITY! (whether you buy this model or any other kind of coffee maker, you need the programmable option!). It's so nice to be able to wake up to the smell of coffee and a warm cup of joe before having to do anything else. If I could rate this coffee pot higher with 20 stars, I would. It deserves every bit of it. It's AMAZING! Hope that helps!
https://ibb.co/D7Jc6SW

I wanted to make a contribution to this content. It is the only review site that I would recommend you to read.

https://utensilsreview.com/4-cup-coffee-maker/

Deleted, posted my mistake

Can I bring my own beans (roasted) into the Philippines for personal use?

I use a hand grinder to grind my beans and brew my coffee in a single serve or French press. I've been drinking 8 O'clock whole bean for years but my hands down favorite is Tim Hortons which I got addicted to when working in Canada. Tim Hortons became expensive and hard to find during the pandemic so I'm back to 8 O'clock. I sent about 2 years worth of 8 O'clock in a BB box and when that's finished I'll either find something suitable on Lazada or Shopee or I'll have some 8 O'clock sent over. I keep the bag in the freezer and a grind a pint jar at a time which I keep in the fridge. I find the frozen beans grind really well and I have the good coffee aroma down to the last bean. I like the K-cup style coffee maker but I don't like the K-cups so I load my own in the refillable cups. I ordered this single serve coffee maker on Lazada and it is waiting for me at the new house. I just have to find the BB box that has the coffee in it during my 4 day home quarantine. Everyone else drinks Folgers instant of course.

Wingfat wrote:

Can I bring my own beans (roasted) into the Philippines for personal use?

I sent around 20 lbs in balikbayan boxes and they have arrived. I don't know about checked luggage or hand carry.

AmandaStone wrote:

coffee maker for almost 3 years and LOVE it.

It has the option of brewing a full pot (up to 12 cups) or a single serving (which is very convenient, although most of the time, we program it to brew a full pot). The programmable feature is a total game changer…

On my 12 cup coffee maker it doesn't give you the ability to select 12 cups or single cups. If you want you can add less water and ground coffee.

But, what I make ice coffee from the left over coffee in the pot. So none gets wasted.