English-speaking community club?

When I lived in Stockholm, Sweden, there was an English-speaking community club. They'd organize English-language plays in theaters and weekend get togethers.

There were also international affairs presentations, that were inevitably in English.

Is there anything like that in Podgorica?

Of course, with COVID-19, those activities might have to be virtual...

It is a great idea. We can make some planning. We even have a space to do it, when Covid will slow down..

Funda

I think it's a great idea! I don't think there's something like this in Podgorica but I would like to take part in it. I really hope this covid will pass soon..

Maria

I will be very happy to join the club.

Regards

Tolga

We are currently working on the creation of such a Club, however it will be physically based in Tivat (where we plan to open a coffee place + coworking + yoga studio / mini spa with special conditions for the members of the club), this is part of the "Word of Mouth" community of expats that you can find active on FB (look it up!)
There can be a "Podgorica" limb, since one of the admins of the WOM club is based there and running an international school there.
We want to start organising get-togethers again (we used to already a couple years ago) and all sorts of events, days out hiking, sailing, etc. as soon as this is possible again of course.
We also plan to make deals with restaurants etc. for special discounts for the members.

I will be retiring to Bar, Montenegro in July 2022 and I would be interested in an English speaking forum. My wife is a native of Montenegro and I love the country. We were just over there last May to start the moving process. I found that many native people speak English but prefer not to. That's ok with me. I am moving to their country so I should make some effort to learn the language. It will be a challenge at my age but I will do my best to learn.

@Tsarine Hi, did you start? Is there a club I can join?

@Faijaz
Hey :) After this whole Covid-Craziness starting anything social is a bit of a challenge, so for now, we haven't moved forward much.
We will wait a bit longer to see if things stay as they are now (practically back to normal) to decide whether we do start to invest in a physical space for this...

I am planning to move as well but not fully until I figure out how to buy property and work and technical issues.
  I would love to join a group to learn the language as well.
If a group gets started please message me.
Thank you

Hello!

We look forward to hearing from you or anyone you may refer. Have a great day!

Moderated by Cheryl 9 months ago
Reason : Advertising + link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Anna Ledeneva

Please post your ad in the JOBS section.

Advertising and contact information are not to be posted on the forum.  Please read the Forum Code of Conduct.

Romaniac

@romaniac Thank you for your note. Will as per your advice!