Hi everybody

hi there,

greetings to all. i am from delhi,india, gona b moving soon to dhaka, so i guess will be needing alot of help regarding the city. hope i find it here.

Also hope to make new friends so i can pull thru the whole thing.

would like info on housing rentals/car rentals/pubs/and if possible info regarding angling/fishing in bangladesh.

regards,

denver

Hi anglerslure! :)

I hope that other members will help you soon.

Harmonie. :)

thanks harmonie...well im hopin too...

Hi everybody,
have just moved to dhaka-am looking forward to meeting people who can provide insight/introduction into the culture/people of the country !correspond [email protected]

what sort of fishing do you like to do?

Pubs, forget it they dont exist, you can go to the larger hotels that have bars, but very expensive your best bet is to join one of the clubs.

Hi Kim/Mika..

well im into spin casting...more fresh water with spoons n plugs...also do some trawling when i get the chance..

newys thnx for the info rewg the other stuff..

regards,

denver

If you like trawing then the best place in the world is part of India, the Andaman & nicobar Islands, absolutely the best.

Me I fish anything from prawns to marlin. I wil ask my colleagues at work where to go for fishing, I know there is at least something as they already mentioned to me so bring your rods and gear.

How is the traffic in Delhi, any improvement teh last four years since I left? I was based there for two years

Hello,
Actually Bangladeshis are very helpful and cooperative, their hospitality is also good.
You can post here if you need ant kind of information or help.

Regards

hi, denver
welcome to bd. there's not much to look forward to in dhaka in terms of night life as drinking is prohibited here because of muslim population. u can get drinks in hotels and international clubs where u have to register as member with a foreign passport. for fishing within city your best option is 'dhanmondi lake @ dhanmondi' for bait casting, bottom casting and for fly fishing 'ramna lake inside ramna park'. for heavier angling its heaven if you are into  fishing but very hard to find partners and require experienced guides best option is to go to the fishing jetty's and contract with boatmen for day or hourly basis. for further info check out "bangladesh fishing forum" in facebook there are the members can help u out or might let u join in. u can msg me bout anythin else, will be happy to help u out. 1 important advice...'even if u live in diplomatic areas DONT stroll in dhk streets after 9 ALONE atleast have a local with u'

TC
sami