Visa update, 9A, visitor, motion of reconsideration, new passport

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the info I got from SM Aura Immigration office. Very Helpful people there  :top:

This is what I was told.

There seem to be some confusion between visitor visa and 9A, it's the same thing.

You  can still renew your visitor visa if you have not been here for the maximum period of 24 months "visa required" or 36 if are under the category of "visa-non required national".

There are 2 different type of "Motion of Reconsideration"

The one mentioned in other posts LINK HERE is for you if you stayed without visa for 6 Months or more Quote/ b. overstaying for more than 6 months regardless if their stay is within allowable
     period

I did not need to do this as my visa only expired 1.5 months ago.

This does not not allow you to stay pass more than 24/36 Months limit.

There is another form also called "motion of reconsideration" which CAN ONLY BE APPLIED AT BI MAIN OFFICE, this is on a per case basis and it DOES ALLOW you to stay past the 24/36 months limit, I was told that this usually extends only  1-2 months, again on a per case basis.

Appointment may be required.

9A visa, for people that are outside of PH needing to get in right now. If you are not married to a PH citizen, but have a child here under 18 years of age that is a PH Citizen or child (PH Citizen) that needs you, example - You child may require special needs, You fall into this category. You can apply for a 9A visa at your local PH embassy.

Proof of Child Birth in PH is required = birth certificate is the only requirement, but due to birth certificate being easily forged, it would be better if your child has  his/her PH Passport also. This probably makes the paperwork process much simpler (just my $0.02). Prior to Covid, I got my kid's passport going to DFA, took one afternoon, missus and kid came along, paper work, few queues, paid the fees, 3 weeks later, passport arrived in the mail. It was pretty straight forward.

I don't think there is a requirement for age, I got my kid's passport when he was 6 months old and it's valid for 5 years.

This also applies to Children born in the Philippines but are also Citizens of another country that are still currently residing in the Philippines. Example would be your child is a US citizen since you are and Your Partner and Child are both PH citizen.

for all other visitors, you'll have to contact your local PH embassy.

On the matter of New Passport, My Passport expired and I got a new one from my local embassy here. You would need to get your Landing Stamp (The one that they stamped on your passport the day you arrived at the airport) moved to your new passport. This process is simple and free. You will need to bring a photo copy of ..
-A form that you will have to fill out (They will provide you with this)
-Copy of the page with all your passport info, new and old, 1 each
-Copy of the page where the landing stamp is located.
-Copy of your latest visa extension
-Your I Card, if you have one, even if it's expired. Copy of Front and Back

EDIT - fixed some typos, added "proof of childbirth is required"  info and details.

About getting the landing stamp added to your new password.

Did you do that at the satellite office?
Do you know if the form you mentioned is available online, please?

(Where I go there is normally a really long queue for photocopies, so I would rather prepare it before I go)

Yes, I recall it was SM Aura

Regarding the form, I don't know if it is available online. It was provided to me there.

Yes, make sure you have copies of this.

-Copy of the page with all your passport info, new and old, 1 each
-Copy of the page where the landing stamp is located.
-Copy of your latest visa extension
-Your I Card, if you have one, even if it's expired. Copy of Front and Back

uh I forgot you can't edit original post.

UPDATED JULY 2, 2021 - Due to COVID 19, some information on Original Post may not be accurate. It is best to call or msg them in advance.

Especially the part about visitor visa which appears to change constantly.