When are flights resuming

Tariq072283 wrote:

I just read an article today that came out from the Filipino Department of Tourism they said they will start issuing tourist visas the second half of 2021

I hope so Tariq or sooner for yourself and many others wishing to come to/come home to PH. Fingers crossed.

Cheers, Steve.

Arcadieus wrote:

You're a fool if you think people are going to allow to be stayed lockdown 12 months from now. The entire world will burn before that.

You do not know much about what's going-on around you (in the world), do you?
However, this sentence seem to be the most correct from all of your other comments.

ok ... one month later ..... any news about open airport for turism ?
pleae?
any good news ? ....
i need to go from USA to philipines in november 2020 ....any help  or comment please ?
thanks i will apreciate so much

mauovernet wrote:

pleae?
any good news ? ....
i need to go from USA to philipines in november 2020 ....any help  or comment please ?

For me it's not a problem these days, forced retirement etc. but I'm here and enjoying even with the shite going on.
For you I wonder why you keep asking here instead of going/asking your consulate the current travel arrangements to PH. straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Only my observation, OMO the Philippines won't be receiving/processing tourists visas for many many months and by the grace of god I arrived back home (here) on the 14th of March and had to flee Manila or face a month,,,,,,, that went onto several months of lockdowns. Our relatives could not travel back to our province for 3 months and even now sketchy 6 months on.
I think it's going to be easier for you to stay in touch with your local immi office,,,,, register your travel requirements on their books. Monitor the PH. immi websites as well as international flights. Currently  tourist visas to PH. are not being issued. Sad to say but it will be some time before this country opens up to international arrivals.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

mauovernet wrote:

pleae?
any good news ? ....

Unless you have a Filipino spouse, dependent children or parents in the RP and you have the documents for prove it, you are not coming to the RP.

Other exceptions may include a valid work visa and essential work, foreign dignitary, etc.

Updates are easily found on the consulate websites and are updated as the rules regarding entry change.

https://philippineembassy-usa.org/publi … zSQiykhffw

Hi Mauovernet... I'll be going back to Cebu in November. There are all kinds of flights going. Singapore air, EVA Air, United, Philippine Airlines, China Southeastern, Emirates.

hi arty5987
May i ask how you got your as required pre-approved visa to enter Phil's???? Are you essential with a visa that was not cancelled? Many unanswered questions regarding your coming to Cebu this November!

Hi Lasvegan... I'm a 13A visa based on marriage. My wife is still in Cebu. We have a house in Alta Vista Cebu.  But I know that no tourists are allowed in yet. Even those with SRRV. The 13A visa is exempted. Hope this helps. I'm sure this will change as soon as things clear up. The airlines available to me are either Singapore Air or EVA. I usually travel one or the other most of the time. Also United Airlines is available.

Tariq072283 wrote:

I just read an article today that came out from the Filipino Department of Tourism they said they will start issuing tourist visas the second half of 2021

Can you link me that article please?

It will be difficult to travel as a tourist to the Philippines as your selected dates.
The coverment don't allow tourist visas before the second half of 2021. Have patience. Greeting Gebi

https://www.dfa.gov.ph/dfa-news/stateme … riesupdate

Awesome glad to hear everything is good for you!!

No way at the moment until second half of 2021 to visit the Philippines as a tourist. Residents can be. https://www.laprensalatina.com/philippi … f-of-2021/

Mind you the Philippines too is desperate to get its full tourism sector back on track, but its going to be a long tough 'journey' ahead...2nd half 2021 onwards sounds about right iagw...fingers crossed.
(BTW **Local tourism should start much sooner.)

PalawanBob wrote:
Arcadieus wrote:

You're a fool if you think people are going to allow to be stayed lockdown 12 months from now. The entire world will burn before that.

You do not know much about what's going-on around you (in the world), do you?
However, this sentence seem to be the most correct from all of your other comments.

I read international news every single day. There won't be a lockdown 12 months from now or there will be mass rioting world wide.

The biggest vaccine producer in the world literally just said "don't expect a worldwide vaccine till 2024-25" We need 15 BILLION vaccines before this will be "over". You really think we'll be locked down till 2025?

Israel is having a second lockdown starting tomorrow for at least 3 weeks. So never say never !!

What's your point?

OMO but I think the point/worry is that this pandemic is very far from over, the figures coming out of many countries including those with their heads in the sand are very disturbing. I won't name those countries.
My own country was one of the best in the world with controls,,,,,, then the second wave came, 3 times worse than the first. Australia.
Look at the figures.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Look at the winners if this is a competition or sadly the deaths.
My personal worry is the Philippines, when I came home back in March the Philippines and Australia were on par for control,,,,,,, now look, I am living in a country I thought was safe, now 3 to 4K new cases every day, Australia 40 to 50 cases a day,,,,,, multiplied by the  population difference of x4, Australia would have 200 cases a day, not 4K.
No wonder I stay in my hobbit hole until this plays out. I like others are fortunate enough to have a partner that cares and appreciates my situation (61) and does all the hard yards and takes the risks, masks, face shields, sanitising the purchases then himself.

Flights? when it's 100% safe. It is a sad time and as I write my eyes are welling up for those that lost their lives because of mismanagement at government levels and the ignorance of people believing leaders and not the scientific community from all countries to their detriment and their loved ones.
Sorry for the rant and as always OMO but until there is a 100% safe vaccination things may get better but what for the other strains? The next virus?

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Steve.  U give a very good reply.  Well balanced article. Very helpful.  Thanks.

All the lock downs and masks and everything else and yet the virus continues. No one ever mentions how low the percentage of deaths are. Like everything else in this world it comes down to money.
We will look back months and years from now when everyone has contracted the virus and say we screwed up everyone's economy for nothing.

Wuhan-19 and you.

There are now literally thousands of statements, articles, graphs, videos, etc.  out there to support whatever view we choose to embrace when it comes to the virus and how we live with it.

I have noticed in our little part of the RP,  that when we go out to the grocery store, bank,  drugstore or other business that is open, that the same people are working the checkouts and the floor since the beginning.  It must be that they are just lucky or have a natural immunity. 

I (at 70 years young) and my wife have been fortunate enough to be able to leave the house for groceries and other necessities (with appropriate passes) since this started. 
At first I would just sit in the car while she did the shopping, then one day I took my pass to the door and they let me through. 
While pushing our shopping cart around the aisles of the store and touching the same surfaces touched by thousands of others, we gathered our previously touched items and headed to the previously touched checkout.
We were checked out by the superhuman essential worker who had been working from the start of the mess. Like I said, great immune system.

We would also frequent other establishments as they opened, touching surfaces and bumping shoulders with other patrons.

When restaurants began serving, we went out to eat and touched those surfaces and sat on the previously sat on seating. 

The point being that, we made a choice and while many have become ill from the virus, we and thousands of others did not.
When we would leave a business we wash our hands with alcohol and or wipes.  When we returned home we  take our shoes off at the door and spray the soles with a bleach mix disinfectant.  We wash the clothes we wore and shower and change into clean clothes.  We took common sense precautions.

For those who cannot or will not go out , it is a choice. One likely based on reading and reviewing the non stop barrage of virus related info we see daily and what we choose to validate to form our opinion of what should or should not be done in our personal lives to minimize the risk of infection.
For those with pre-existing health issues, staying in may be the best course to take.  Though the one that is going out to do the shopping for your daily needs, is bringing home whatever he or she may have come in contact with while doing the shopping. 

We will continue to wear our masks, wash our hands, etc. and use a little common sense in how we deal with public places and other people.
At the same time, we will continue to go out, eat out, shop and enjoy our lives as best we can until we no longer can.

As soon as I am done with writing my little rant.  We are off to do a little shopping,  go to the plant nursery and stop into a favorite little eatery for a quiet lunch together.

To each his own and yes we also read reports, graphs, papers, etc., as well as listening to videos and live broadcasts.  We still go out.

Mhammond40 wrote:

All the lock downs and masks and everything else and yet the virus continues. No one ever mentions how low the percentage of deaths are. Like everything else in this world it comes down to money.
We will look back months and years from now when everyone has contracted the virus and say we screwed up everyone's economy for nothing.

OMO but I don't believe that for 1 second, stupid is as stupid does. If people simply follow the learned peoples advice/guidelines and not stupidity offered up by foolish leaders/policies and egos then we would not be where we are now. Most people think they are invincible until they're dead.
Mask wearing in many countries is governed by that countries rights/constitution/s and the inability of the people to follow safe guidelines sprouting rights with little regard to others, I see this in the Philippines. Unfortunately many carers/professionals have succumbed to peoples inability to follow guide lines trying to save many stupid fools, not all but you get the drift.

If you want to see low numbers of deaths then go to the link I posted earlier.

As for flights resuming? How long will people be stupid?

Cheers, Steve.

Lotta negative people here who think government is god and scientists can't be corrupt or bought off. Sure, people are dying but those same people would have died in a really bad flu season. Oh well, I guess we're all going to war with China now, since whistleblowers are stating facts that this was man made and intentionally released.

PalawanBob wrote:

I have a friend in California who wants to come back to Philippines but he is telling me that he would have to be quarantined for two weeks in Manila and then again for another two weeks in Puerto Princessa. All expenses paid by him.
I wonder if airline companies are informing people about that "little detail".

I've read that too but i'm wondering why they should send you to mandatory quarantine for 14 days if they make a covid test upon arrival and you result negative it has no sense

Watch this video and decide.

https://www.facebook.com/hamil.mark.90/ … 6020418087

Always about the money....... always

https://www.facebook.com/rodger.dodger. … 884028463/

Arcadieus wrote:

Lotta negative people here who think government is god and scientists can't be corrupt or bought off. Sure, people are dying but those same people would have died in a really bad flu season. Oh well, I guess we're all going to war with China now, since whistleblowers are stating facts that this was man made and intentionally released.

Negative, positive, I am a simple plebeian and try to listen, learn, adopt my own practices as well as following local protocols to stay safe.
You mentioned the Flu season, apparently Australia had a mild Flu season this year. Social distancing? Face mask protocols? People sh*t scared?  While not a perfect example with only 25+ million people and recently a second wave of C-19 the country is doing fairly well with controls but like all others the economy will suffer. OMO but I think there are bigger fish to fry instead of throwing blame or looking for compensation, perhaps after the dust settles all will be revealed.

Cheers, Steve.

Not going to war with China!!lol
Russia maybe lol bit not China! Nothing to be gained by war except Russia gets it all! Maybe your thinking cap is on crooked

Mhammond40 wrote:

I did try to watch the other link you posted but couldn't. Mac said don't.

Yes it's about money, perhaps that's why we all, well most go to work I did for 47 years and still plodding.
This link was interesting but nowhere was an answer to stop those dying at the hands of "apparently the oligarchy or dictatorships etc". Only conspiracies aimed in what direction? Their own agenda? Who cares and I will stay safe so I can watch my grandchildren grow up.
Yes numbers can be manipulated no different to people and while yes there are stupid people, most aren't.
I am originally from Melbourne Australia and have family and friends on the ground there, My sister lives in the city as in dead centre city apartment, for 3 months she never ventured out, the next current lock down she hasn't ventured out, talks to her children and grand children on FT/FB/etc.  she has early stage MS (for the last 15 years) and won't risk it, same as me here in PH. because of my age,,,,,,,, apparently. We are both lucky to have caring partners that are healthy and take the precautions advised by our respective governments for daily needs. 6 months on we are still alive, go figure.

While their (your link) theories and postulations may or may not have credence I believe and as always OMO that all need to look at countries posted figures that have adopted clear mandates with social distancing, hygiene, masks/face shields and testing/quarantine and those that haven't/reject the notion and the invasion on civil rights and privacy, perhaps those figures are wrong? Infection rates and deaths per million people and take into account 1st/2nd/3rd world as well as developing nations, many supposed 1st world countries are doing very much worse than 3rd world countries if one only looks, why? Only my opinion because if this conspiracy theory is true as suggested by many is because there is more money in those countries available to the perpetrators and in the mean time I will wear a mask/face shield/sanitise as required here in the Philippines with an infection rate of 2,544 per million and a death rate of 44 per million versus? I'll tell you. Australia 1051 cases per million, 33 deaths per million. India 3,836 cases per million. 62 deaths per million. Thailand 50 cases per million wth less than 1 per million, insignificant countries?
Russia 7,477 pm/132 pm deaths. France, the UK and the list goes on but the clear winner is who? Top of the list and one has to ask why. Conspiracy or ignorance by a goaded populace. Who at the end of the day will be the winner? Me because I am not stupid and contribute to keeping the numbers down as well as eating every day.
The clear winners will always be the winners past present and future and my lowly life/existence cannot change dithering fools that run countries for their own benefit nor the sheep that follow blindly.

It's ok to offer up a rhetoric for sheep to follow over the cliff. Seriously there is an infectious pandemic that needs to be halted and I can throw up all sorts of ideas that are wrong, what are our leaders doing for their respective countries? An interesting mark in history once the washing is aired to dry,,,,,, Spanish flu, C-19. We are very fortunate to have good and bad communications in 2020 unlike 100 years ago.

Waffle as I do, Sorry.

Cheers, Steve.

that means if i am tourist ...... i haveto wait to go philipines ..... until MAY 2021
buuuuuuuu !!!!!!!
:sosad:

Mhammond40 wrote:

Yes it is...if you have loads & loads to invest you will get special clearance anytime not only here but practically anywhere.
For the rest including me..it would be just shut the fxxx u× & be grateful for the crumbs i throw you.

:D

https://www.facebook.com/10000588294225 … URx6vVXJgj

As for the 'desperate' local tourists...Singapore Airlines has an option for you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine … 20-9%3famp

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=906005

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal … edicts-12/https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hIZZtK … p=drivesdk