Application for residency after Brexit stalled?

Hello, my father which is a british national and resident here in Malta applied for the new residency post-brexit when he was told to do so, about in February.

From then on, we haven't received any communication. It was said that everything was stalled due to the covid 19 pandemic, but now that everything is "back to normal", in government words, seems weird that nothing has happened.

Is this normal? has some british national that has done the same proceeding received some letter or communication? I am afraid a letter might have been "fished" out of our postbox. Or is everybody in the same situation?

Best Regards and wishing good health to everyone.

It takes time, his existing ID remains valid until a new one is issued however long that takes, even if his ID has expired it will remain valid.

I also applied when the office 1st opened in person, taken my photo & fingerprints,  along with documentation,  and I haven't  heard  anything  yet. But, this is Malta. It'll  get here  sometime. 😊

Note the new residency cards are harmonised across all the EU countries and will have a standard form and standard biometric info etc

No doubt getting the ducks in line will take time given the virus situation etc, so I'd just wait patiently, they state several places your current card remains valid.

I was told last week when I applied that the new cards haven't been designed yet and no one has got them