Starting the process of expatriation

Hi,

I am planning to move to South Korea within 2 years, I have a bachelor's degree in Accounting/finance and speak the language a bit, not completely fluent but I am still taking a class every week and keep progressing.

I was curious if there are people in my situation, with a BA that could get a visa to Seoul, which one?
And what will be my first steps to start the process of expatriation? I am not sure by where to start.

Should I touch base with visa consultants? Do you have anybody to recommend too?

Thank for your help

Hello BoyaH,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

While waiting for fellow members to share their experiences and guidance with you, I would advise you to go through the articles of the Living in South Korea guide to do some research. You can start off by reading on Seoul's labour market to gauge your employability as an expat and to identify the job sectors which are in demand.

Hopefully, members having gone through the same process will be able to tell you how they have managed to move successfully to Seoul. :)

Best of luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi you really need to give more info...

Are you of Korean heritage?
Experience?
Passport country?
What skills do you have?

To work in a Korean company you need very good Korean, so that isn't an option for you. Apart from the obvious (Pandemic - huge unemployment etc) it is extremely hard to work in Korea. Koreans first (including those of "Korean blood").

Most expats (excluding foreign workers in factories etc) are
- English Teachers
- Teachers
- high end IT or Engineering professionals
- A few financial / legal experts

Overall not many. Quite possible with the right skill set, but most younger Expats are either English teachers or IT high flyers.