Hello all friends in Laos

Just say hello

Sabaidee -

I'm not in Laos now but lived in Vientiane before.  Now in Vietnam but always thinking of Laos.  I might move back to Laos when it becomes possible but not Vientiane.

johnross23 wrote:

Sabaidee -

I'm not in Laos now but lived in Vientiane before.  Now in Vietnam but always thinking of Laos.  I might move back to Laos when it becomes possible but not Vientiane.

Vientiane is a real rat race now.  I prefer Pakse or Luang Prabang.

stumpy wrote:
johnross23 wrote:

Sabaidee -

Vientiane is a real rat race now.  I prefer Pakse or Luang Prabang.

Yes, that was partly the reason I left 5 years ago. I guess I got too old to deal with cities. Here in Vietnam, it's the same; the big cities are not an option for me and a live in a medium-size provincial town.

Yes, Pakse is my first choice for a return to living in Laos. I have visited there the last two times I have traveled to Laos and spent 2 weeks each time to see how it might feel to live there. I enjoyed it both times. Laos is a wonderful place to be.

My first choice would be Pakse. Laid back, easy to get around, everything that you can get in Vientiane is available in Pakse. I lived and worked there for 2 years.
My wife comes from Champassak province.

nice to hear

Bank300R wrote:

nice to hear

Hi Bank -

Are you working there in Vientiane? Running your own business?

Is it your hometown, or do you come from another province?

Just curious...