Property to sell in Germany

Hi all.

I have a property to sell in Germany.

Is there anyone on here who could help or point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

Plenty of real-estate agents in Germany. Otherwise there are websites one can list it on or get a free price estimate. I won't list them here since I have no personal experience with any but one just needs to Google it. If one wants something more than a standard sales contract, then it might be worth it to have a lawyer write up any special conditions. And property sales need to be notarized. Formerly the buyer had to pay the cost of this but I believe the laws changed and now it is the seller. Which basically means one should try to up the price to cover the extra costs.

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : no free advertising please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sorry, I should have made this a little clearer. The property is not straight forward so if anyone could point me in the right direction for someone who is rustworthy and good with German property legals, I would really appreciate it.

Not sure what you mean by not straight forward. But again, Germany has many real estate agents known as an Immobilienmakler. Best you look for one that is locally known.

Part of the property has been built on gorund that belongs to someone else, so it's messy.

CarrickDave wrote:

Part of the property has been built on gorund that belongs to someone else, so it's messy.

Messy is a good word. Personally, if it's worth it, I'd start by trying to buy the land and see what happens from there. A deal to give the land's owner a percentage of the sale price in return for signing over the land to the new owner might also be possible.
Try your luck.

CarrickDave wrote:

Sounds like a situation that might require a lawyer rather than just a real-estate agent.

Without knowing the exact details of your property:
In Germany, buildings and other items with a fixed connection to a plot of land (e.g. trees, but not parked cars) automatically belong to the owner of that land - unless different arrangements were made and notarized before the items were installed there.
If no notarized papers exist, "your" property might thus not actually belong to you (at least the part placed on foreign grounds - even if unintentionally done so).
You should definitely consult a good real estate lawyer before you do anything else!
Once you fixed that issue: Only certified property agents are allowed to assist you in selling the property. It is possible to do it without one, but that required knowledge (of the value and market situation), time (house sales take months in Germany) and physical presence (for viewings, notary appointment, etc.).