Moving to Dubai with Family Need some insight

Hi There,

I am planning to move to Dubai with my family (Spouse and Kid 8yo) as soon as pandemic gets over to join a new company in IT domain. I am from India and the company ill join isnt providing apartment or housing allowance.
The company will pay in hand salary of 35000 AED/month. I would like to know if this salary is good to start life from scratch in a new country. For me most important thing is to get admission in good Indian school for my child. My family lives a comfortable life in India, I would like to give them something close to that if not more. Or improve our lives as we live in Dubai.

Do you have any idea if 35000K will be decent to start off and what would be rent for 2BHK apartments and Indian school annual fees for child going in Standard 3rd.

Ill be greatful for any advise or suggestions.

There are many threads on this forum about cost of living.  I have also commented many times so use the search.

Your question is generic.  The salary can be enough or not be enough depending on your lifestyle.

Your biggest expenses are likely to be schooling and medical (if employer hasn't provided it).  Rents are down but will vary a LOT depending on the location you choose.......anywhere from 70K a year to 130K a year.   I don't know Indian school fee but average school fee for that grade is around 30K and goes all the way up to 90K for the really good schools.

in that salary you can buy burj khalfa :)

Not really.  As I said, it depends on your lifestyle choices.

10 years ago when I was in Dubai for the first time, I had a salary of AED 65,000 and I barely saved 5,000 AED a month despite being fully covered for schooling and medical by employers.

Why?

I lived in a 5 bedroom villa in Meadows
2 cars
Live in maid
Eating out at good restaurants
Heavy investments into stock market
Lots of travel

A friend of mine who was making 20,000 AED a month at that time, saved 10,000 AED a month.

It is all about choices.  Dubai can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be.

Thats a decent amount of salary that you have. And yes, a good education is costly here in Dubai.
GEMS Our Own Indian School is one of the good India school in Dubai.

If you make between 20 and 25 thousand dirhams a month, Dubai is a good place for families .

There are Good international schools available.