British getting married in Venezuela

Hi, I'm a British woman planning to marry my Venezuelan fiance in Venezuela in November. I have talked to the registry office here about getting my certificate of no impediment. She says I'll need to make an appointment and I need to find out how far in advance the document can be made. Is this 6 months? Will I need it apostilled here, then once I'm in Venezuela have it translated and the translation apostilled there? Is that same for the birth certificate?

Also, do we need to "announce" the engagement in the local newspaper? When should that be done?

Hi Rainbowc,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

While waiting for the members to help you out with your query, i invite you to go through this topic : Getting married in Venezuela.
It might help you in your search.

I hope that your project will be a success  :happy:

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

@Rainbowchello please find my replies in bold next to your comments

Hi, I'm a British woman planning to marry my Venezuelan fiance in Venezuela in November. Hi a French citizen living in Venezuela for 35 years here, my Name is Gio Tomaselli, Congrats and welcome to our Country.  I hope you made the best desition and that your fiance has no impediment issues.

I have talked to the registry office here about getting my certificate of no impediment. She says I'll need to make an appointment and I need to find out how far in advance the document can be made. Is this 6 months? Yes, the minimum valid document time frame here is of 6 months.  Arrange your appointment get your paperwork ready and you`ll be fine.

Will I need it apostilled here, then once I'm in Venezuela have it translated and the translation apostilled there? Is that same for the birth certificate? Yes, apostill it there as it will be required here.  Now if its apostilled there you don´t need to apostill it here, just translate it.  The same for the birth certificate.  There is where I can help.  If you prefer, I can translate both docs when you arrive here. Or I can translate both certificates prior to your arrival. Both apostilled certicates. Once you apostille them there you don´t need to double apostille them here.  But, the documents must be translated.

Also, do we need to "announce" the engagement in the local newspaper? When should that be done? It is not mandatory to announce the engagement in the local newspaper. 

I can be your simultaneous translator and assistant here in Venezuela.  Please contact me

Best Regards

G. Tomaselli