Looking for a good english speaking reputable immigration lawyer

Hi, our names are Richard and Kathryn

We went  to Costa Rica for 2 months but the trip was cut down to 2 weeks due to the virus outbreak.   We were trying to start the process of becoming rentistas and we were hoping to find a good english speaking lawyer so we could begin  the process but had just started.

When the airlines allow us to come to CR again we want to jump right in.  If anyone can direct us to a reputable immigration lawyer they have used it would be a great help to us.
Moving to Costa Rica has been our dream for 20 years.

Thank you for any suggestions

rattrap wrote:

We went  to Costa Rica for 2 months but the trip was cut down to 2 weeks due to the virus outbreak.   We were trying to start the process of becoming rentistas and we were hoping to find a good english speaking lawyer so we could begin  the process but had just started.

When the airlines allow us to come to CR again we want to jump right in.  If anyone can direct us to a reputable immigration lawyer they have used it would be a great help to us.
Moving to Costa Rica has been our dream for 20 years.

Thank you for any suggestions

Not the cheapest but Outlier Legal is very very good. I used them and got my pensionado status and cedula in only 6 months! Rentista generally takes longer. Someone from Outlier was with us every step of the way so we didn't have to figure out where the place was to go or which line to get in etc. At the time they were even able to get us in ahead of other people in line sometimes!
That made it well worth the money! We'd show up on a bus in San Jose and they'd send someone to meet us there and take us where we needed to go for the next step and help us get it done.

They will send you all the info you need via email and which documents you need to get. Now with the Coronavirus you may or may not have a problem gathering those documents in the USA. Most - not all - can be gotten by mail BUT who knows if those government offices in the USA are open or working, or not?

In any case I highly recommend Outlier Legal.
Here is a list of documents you will need:
https://outlierlegal.com/services/documents/

Following this as I intend to begin this journey in the next 12 to 18 months.

I would start with your embassy too. They have “gatherings” that give good info and options. Also, other forums and blogs are super useful. There are many that speak English. Word of mouth is the best.

Hi I'm Dee 7864926516.I too have a place in Costa Rica Atenas Got stuck in US have lawyer for residency.

You should use different lawyers for real estate and another for immigration. Here you go, they're all bilingual https://www.godutchrealty.com/retire-in … s-lawyers/