Can i own a boat in philippine?

Can i own a small boat for 4 people in philippine? Do i have to register it? Can i go for hobby fishing with it?

Sure, why not. Buy a Bangka. Probably no need to register unless it's a big one, or you're using it to ferry people for hire. But I'm not really sure about that.

Thank you. I hope more replies come

rafic50 wrote:

Thank you. I hope more replies come

Sure you can (Surigao City)...I had my 4 man outboard motorised fishing boat that was docked nearby my home for >3years wif no registration.
But we could not catch enough fish to justify its maintenance, so I sold it off!

Cheers

Thank u for answering. I am looking for a cheap lot at beach and then i will buy a boat

rafic50 wrote:

Thank u for answering. I am looking for a cheap lot at beach and then i will buy a boat

Good idea...& Best of Luck!

Cheers

where in Philippines?

Anywhere at beach

Just be aware of parts of Mindanao that are more risky, especially near the beach where there is a quick getaway.

Philippine Destiny wrote:

Just be aware of parts of Mindanao that are more risky, especially near the beach where there is a quick getaway.

Yes both pleasures & dangers do come hand in hand in many parts of Mindanao...but if its just living *amongst the local folk on the beach with your unregistered boat is what you are looking for (many coastal areas here the fisherman folk live in sub standard housing)  & being able to teach (especially English) for free is your higher calling...then that itself would an added advantage.

So best of luck.

Cheers
:D

I suggest that you read the Philippine law that governs recreational boat ownership, as it contradicts some of the things you may have heard.

https://marina.gov.ph/wp-content/upload … 019-01.pdf

If it is ever stolen hey will probably ask you why you did not register it.

I suggest that you read the Philippine law that governs recreational boat ownership, as it contradicts some of the things you may have heard.

Agreed wif PD....There's always the 'best practice' method! If you so choose!

As for me I follow what of all my other barangay fisherman folk do & offcourse the only added protection I took was to pay about 50p/month to *one of them (living closest to where I docked my 4man bright Green banca outrigger named her 'Nedy'  :D ) to keep watch for me! Offcourse I would carry the out board engine/oars back home myself each time.
Never had any problems!
I miss her now since you ask!!!
:sick

I visited some places in Mindanou . I found them more safer than Manila. I was in Cdo, Iligan, Davao, Gensan, Koronadal, very peacfull.

Thank you

rafic50 wrote:

I visited some places in Mindanou . I found them more safer than Manila. I was in Cdo, Iligan, Davao, Gensan, Koronadal, very peacfull.

Absolutely correct. I have commented on Koronadal City here. There are some exceptional spots. There are other spots where there is a higher probability for trouble.

manwonder wrote:

Agreed wif PD....There's always the 'best practice' method! If you so choose!

As for me I follow what of all my other barangay fisherman folk do & offcourse the only added protection I took was to pay about 50p/month to *one of them (living closest to where I docked my 4man bright Green banca outrigger named her 'Nedy'  :D ) to keep watch for me! Offcourse I would carry the out board engine/oars back home myself each time.
Never had any problems!
I miss her now since you ask!!!
:sick

this registration for all recreational craft only came about last year I think

chances are the authorities may never care one way or another though

but just in case someone wants to cross all ts