Expatriate buying a house in malaysia

Hi I have an Irish boyfriend living here in malaysia for 10 yrs now and he's considering to buy a landed house here in Penang .What is the minimum price to buy a landed house here in Penang ?

I am not really up to date with the latest rules but I know at one time is was RM3 million for a landed property on Penang Island and RM1 million if you buy on the mainland.

But before buying it is worth check with your property lawyer as they will definitely know. You can get a list of good property lawyers from your bank. And, the mortgage guy at the bank will know for sure or he can simply make a call to know. Alternatively just ask any agent, if they don't know they can easily check with their colleagues.

Ok thansk for the information .🙏

Just to add to my previous post, I've been buying properties in Malaysia since 2003. Back then up until about 2010 you could buy a property and double or even triple your investment. Then around 2012 the market changed and these days when you purchase a property after around 5 years which is often the time you need to wait before you can sell a newly built property, the expected increase in value dropped to around 10%. This is of course a generalization but true that buying property for investment is not at all as lucrative as it used to be. So any purchase your boyfriend makes hopefully is a very long term investment.

Hi thanks a lot for another information . Yes it will be a long term investment currently hes renting a landed house at the moment  around straits quay . And he's looking around to buy a landed house but prefer to know what's the rules and price in the market before purchase any .