Reg passport renewal in Malaysia

Hi,
I need to renew my Indian passport in Malaysia.
It seems to be done in KL.its going to be my first visit.
Which would be better way to go from Penang.
Can anyone advise about the near by hotels and transportation in KL.
I do have a plan for sightseeing as well. Please suggest.

The high commission recently moved to Mont Kiara. There is the Aeroline bus from Queensbay Mall to One Utama return. MK is a grab or uber ride away. There is now a train from One Utama into Bukit Bintang if you decide to stay out in the suburbs.

Otherwise if you want to stay in downtown KL then take the Aeroline KL bus which goes to Corus Hotel right by the Twin Towers. This is probably the best place to hang out and get a flavour of KL.

Sign up for a free basic membership of Internations.org so you can see if they have general events during your stay. Otherwise you can easily amuse yourself in and around KLCC (Suria Mall) and Bukit Bintang (Pavilion Mall) The monorail runs through KLCC and BB and links to Sentral Railway station and other train routes.

It's easy to get a grab or uber out to MK when necessary.

Aeroline has two services per day in each direction. You can book online but do need a credit card to do so. Otherwise you can buy over their counter which is outside Queensbay close to Starbucks. It costs RM60 per journey and food, drinks and entertainment are provided. It takes about 4.5-5 hrs to complete the journey. You get to see a lot of peninsular Malaysia this way too.

I was told that passport service had been outsourced to "BLS International, Indian Passport And Consular Services". I tried calling them but no answer. Can you please help on this as I have no idea about this. Is Mont Kiara is very well connected to other places for sightseeing as well. If not please suggest other place for stay.
Thanks.

KLCC best place to stay for sightseeing as mentioned. There's not a lot to see anyway.

This website may be helpful http://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/new_ppt.php I think they moved too.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi I submitted my Indian Passport for renewal with BLS Malaysia on 09/04/19, any one have idea on when I will get my passport? will I be getting my old passport which has my EP?
Currently I am moving out hence do I need my original passport (which is stuck with BLS). for Tax clearance ? and Immigration clearance?

Yes you need your current passport for tax clearance and presumably cancellation of your work permit by the employer.

Any idea on how many days the Indian embassy will take to give a new passport ?

Usually there is a service level stated for processes so check copies of forms you completed etc.

Check your receipt too as per this Web page it's mentioned under Processing Time

https://www.blsindia-malaysia.com

Hi that was very useful , The tracking says the application is under processing with high commision. Thank you .