Betrayal in by backyard

FilAmericanMom wrote:
mugtech wrote:

Local radio talk show "journalist."  Perhaps he could do a story on your highly suspicious piano playing.

You mean one of the Tulfo brothers? I know who he is, but I don't watch / listen to his show.

Regarding the highly suspicious piano playing, I felt a tad regretful because I wasn't able to "kill" Adele's song. I was put in the spotlight unprepared. I hadn't practiced. I did play well. It wasn't great. But, I felt great, like 3 years of piano instruction and all the tedious Hanon exercises had some purpose.

Well done regardless F A M, I too am toying with the idea of taking up keyboards again, long time but I do love to tinkle and will have time in my retiring years to relearn what I lost through work and family commitments over the last 40 years, like riding a bike but practice always, wish me luck and BTW sorry to go off track.
Back to the OP I seriously doubt the man in question has any idea what is going in their relationship but if so has taken measures to sort it out. If not knowing or still besotted then more fool him,,,,, stay out of their problem and focus on the now in our own lives.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

mugtech wrote:
FilAmericanMom wrote:
mugtech wrote:

Local radio talk show "journalist."  Perhaps he could do a story on your highly suspicious piano playing.

You mean one of the Tulfo brothers? I know who he is, but I don't watch / listen to his show.

Regarding the highly suspicious piano playing, I felt a tad regretful because I wasn't able to "kill" Adele's song. I was put in the spotlight unprepared. I hadn't practiced. I did play well. It wasn't great. But, I felt great, like 3 years of piano instruction and all the tedious Hanon exercises had some purpose.

Yes, Tulfo.  Was just kidding about the piano.  Ever play any Scott Joplin/ ragtime?  I have sheet music for the Oscar nominated  The Sweetheart Tree by Mancini/Mercer from the movie The Great Race from 1965, nice honky tonk piano simulating music from 1908.

Ah you take me back, I learn't on a honky tonk upright piano 45+ years ago and though moonlight sonata (never mastered the third movement) was my classical learning curve never sounded right, could always belt out the pineapple rag or the entertainer made for that instrument. Family and work commitments and I moved away and lost what I enjoyed.
An old hobby revisited? Perhaps as I have no other and I can practice at 5 am while my hubby sleeps to 8 am, head phones of course. Off topic yet again, Soz.

Back to the original post, though I sympathise with your predicament it does sound like you hardly know him so let sleeping dogs lie and let him learn if he hasn't already but if he was your best mate then stick your nose in.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks all for yr opinions.

Something else creeps up; which I feel needs to be highlighted :
That is the ladies family members all living in the expat's 80% completed home. Close to a dozen last counted. I'm sure they all have benefitted in one way or another fm the generosity of this senior expat, whom arrives only twice a year & which is clearly I repeat clearly *NON of my business.
I personally would *NOT want to live wif a dozen family members all  under the same roof even if I was not around!
This may be a much more deep rooted problem and MAYBE the results are telling!!! &
offcourse this is NON of my business.

Agree wif bigpearl/steve on this
let sleeping dogs lie and let him learn if he hasn't already.

Thanks

In nothing else, others can learn from his story.

So to that end you have done a good work in telling it.

There are still many out there who do no recon before entering the battlefield.

mugtech wrote:

Yes, Tulfo.  Was just kidding about the piano.  Ever play any Scott Joplin/ ragtime?  I have sheet music for the Oscar nominated  The Sweetheart Tree by Mancini/Mercer from the movie The Great Race from 1965, nice honky tonk piano simulating music from 1908.

I prefer playing pop / soul / R&B.  I just bought piano sheets for A Song for You by Leon Russell, and am excited to play it.  But thanks for the offer.

To the OP, I'm glad that you decided to just let sleeping dogs lie.  We don't know their whole story. Don't get involved.

It seems to me that this is getting a little out of hand. If I were you I would just simply tell the guy when he visits is June and let him sort it out or not. I mean lets be honest do you know he is not doing the same thing back home. Just let him know what you saw and leave the rest to him.

Cherryann01 wrote:

It seems to me that this is getting a little out of hand. If I were you I would just simply tell the guy when he visits is June and let him sort it out or not. I mean lets be honest do you know he is not doing the same thing back home. Just let him know what you saw and leave the rest to him.

Thanks Cherryann01...
A senior expat close to 60?...& wif my meeting him & getting to know him I think not!!!
Anyways I will NOT TELL...but I will watch out for his safety while he's around...thats the least I can do!!!

Cheers

FilAmericanMom wrote:
mugtech wrote:

I prefer playing pop / soul / R&B.  I just bought piano sheets for A Song for You by Leon Russell, and am excited to play it.  But thanks for the offer.

To the OP, I'm glad that you decided to just let sleeping dogs lie.  We don't know their whole story. Don't get involved.

I had always figured you Filipina Mum  as a typical Crossover 105.1 FM listener (Educated,discerning,eloquent, probably attractive,a woman who does not stand fools gladly) Sadly the jewel in the crown of Manila radio stopped broadcasting on 31st December 2019.

Jus a youtube clip i saw, which is pretty worrisome & knowledge in general.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5_exoKIkXWc:/
Cheers

manwonder wrote:

Gd evening guys;
Jus got a "wiff" of somebody cheating on an expat in my area, apparently an elementary school teacher in our area actually saw his pinoy wife wif another expat in the city :(
Sad thing is I personally know her husband (great guy) who drops by only 2x per year for approx 2weeks/trip.
He already has a d.storey house being built which is nearly 80% complete.
I don't wish to give any further details but it really sad, cause he has only another 4yrs before his retirement here & I just met him mid 2019.
What the hell is going on in this sleepy town?????
Haizzzz

It is normal that wife cheating him if he drops 2x per year for 2 weeks ;)

Cherryann01 wrote:

Informing him or not is a loosing proposition both ways for you. Let somebody else get unfriended by informing him.

Another Old Fool, (not you, but the husband) It's another common story with the lack of details.

How about a positive spin to this story the Lover is a wonderful guy willing to share this woman with her husband for two weeks.

W9XR wrote:
Cherryann01 wrote:

Informing him or not is a loosing proposition both ways for you. Let somebody else get unfriended by informing him.

Another Old Fool, (not you, but the husband) It's another common story with the lack of details.

How about a positive spin to this story the Lover is a wonderful guy willing to share this woman with her husband for two weeks.

Thanks for your feedback W9XR;

From the short time I've spent with him...he appears to be a real class 'gentleman'. Hardworking,planning, and saving his 'pennies' , to finally retire here in a few years time.. (he even told me that he does not take a single day medical leave, so as to accumulate his off days/+ his reliability factor, just so that he can return here twice a year !!!)
The more I look at it....he is being conned/fooled by the lady & the dozen family members.
(Still makes me sick!!!)
It should not bother me but it does!!!
But I will 'NOT' tell & I will ensure his safety when he's around.

Thanks & Hope He Knows Already!

manwonder you are one of the good guys! You always looking for the positive! I have a lot of negative posts I wish I could take back! I have learned some hard lessons about money and Filipino's! I was so mad and bitter! But after a year or so I come to understand how what we think of as being scammed they see differently! Most that is! There are many many true scammers here! If you want to live happy in the Philippines you need to think like I told my six son's when they were growing up! Money does grow on trees! It is a renewable resource and you need to pick you the right tree to renew from! Throw your seed into education and water it with good will and wisdom and watch it grow and each new branch makes you richer! If you're real good at it you will end up with an orchard!

lasvegan wrote:

manwonder you are one of the good guys! You always looking for the positive! I have a lot of negative posts I wish I could take back! I have learned some hard lessons about money and Filipino's! I was so mad and bitter! But after a year or so I come to understand how what we think of as being scammed they see differently! Most that is! There are many many true scammers here! If you want to live happy in the Philippines you need to think like I told my six son's when they were growing up! Money does grow on trees! It is a renewable resource and you need to pick you the right tree to renew from! Throw your seed into education and water it with good will and wisdom and watch it grow and each new branch makes you richer! If you're real good at it you will end up with an orchard!

Lasvegan thanks for your feedback!.. 'Aren't you a stud!'...wow 6 wonderful boys. (with my respect sir   :thanks:

Yes its "Education" ..always wanting your own kids to know the truth about the world, and then getting them prepared to face it.
There is NO such thing as a free lunch! & the world does not owe you a living,  and in general it is getting tough, so you teach them how to be tougher/wiser/smarter. (Sounds like : The Six Million Dollar Man   :D )
NOT going around telling especially your daughters to screw that old man, give him the sex he needs, which won't be that much as he's feeble & then squeeze him out of every dollar he has as he deserves it!
What kind of parent are you?
I can only lower my head in shame!
(Mind you there will be clear tell tale signs once you meet the girls family).

Sorry I jus took my RED pill as I was advised by PD & now I have trouble sleeping!!!!

:D

Thanks & Have a good one!

Bravo! Spoken like a true knight.....and so good night good knight

lasvegan wrote:

Bravo! Spoken like a true knight.....and so good night good knight

Good 'knight' Sir!
Taking the Red & Blue pill on alternate days is infact a very wise  :D choice!

Taking the Red & Blue pill on alternate days is infact a very wise  :D choice!

Perhaps I missed something, I know what a Blue pill is, but what is a Red pill?

Hi W9XR;

The red pill and blue pill is a popular meme representing a choice between taking a "red pill", that reveals the unpleasant knowledge and the cruel truths of every day life, and taking a "blue pill" to remain in ignorance. The terms are directly derived from a scene in the 1999 film The Matrix. Wikipedia

Cheers

manwonder wrote:

Hi W9XR;

The red pill and blue pill is a popular meme representing a choice between taking a "red pill", that reveals the unpleasant knowledge and the cruel truths of every day life, and taking a "blue pill" to remain in ignorance. The terms are directly derived from a scene in the 1999 film The Matrix. Wikipedia

Cheers

I was thinking of the "other" Blue Pill, Blue to get it up, maybe Red getting it down when lasting more than four hours.

Hahahahaha

I will resist urge to make joke now.

W9XR wrote:
manwonder wrote:

Hi W9XR;

Cheers

I was thinking of the "other" Blue Pill, Blue to get it up, maybe Red getting it down when lasting more than four hours.

Hahahahaha

Gd day mate;
.. i hear you loud & clear!!! :D
I have loads and loads of both the RED & BLUE pills... (never know when stocks will run out!!!)
I get to feel both the UP's & DOWN's  ...but that feeling lasts only for 40mins & never 4hours...wow!!!

:cool::cool::offtopic:

Cheers & Have a good one!

W9XR wrote:
manwonder wrote:

Hi W9XR;

Cheers

Hahahahaha

Ha! You just stole my thoughts. :D

Philippine Destiny wrote:

I will resist urge to make joke now.

Agreed PD & thanks;

The topic for *me is definitely not a joke, but i respect fellow expats views/opinions...we all are entitled to have one....wrong or right/good or bad!!!

Thanks & Have a good one.

Just get a good set of binoculars, a large bowl of popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show.

Sorry guys;
Just wanted to keep this thread alive before it disappears, in the hope that the truth be made known! Understand he'll be back End Apr/Early May!
Thanks for all your inputs & no further advice required!

OK, I'll bite, keeping the thread alive.

A cop pulls over a speeder and tells the speeder, I've been chasing you for 20 miles, why are you running?

The motorist explains, his wife was having an affair with a cop and left me for him. I though you were him, trying to return her to me.

W9XR wrote:

OK, I'll bite, keeping the thread alive.

A cop pulls over a speeder and tells the speeder, I've been chasing you for 20 miles, why are you running?

The motorist explains, his wife was having an affair with a cop and left me for him. I though you were him, trying to return her to me.

Nice one W9XR; hahaha... :D
She shud hv at least chosen a cop driving those cool high BHP bmw's instead of those on a motorbike!

Guys...My partner and me sense our  neighbours (the related problem family) are slowly but steadily getting unfriendlier as time goes by!
Could it mean that something is 'brewing'?

Probably you´re just a little paranoid. What actions done to make you suspicious?

No more smiles for a start!

:proud

manwonder wrote:

Not enough. Should start smiling and waving hand to see if they reciprocate. If they snub you, then
they probably caught you spying... :D

robal wrote:
manwonder wrote:

Not enough. Should start smiling and waving hand to see if they reciprocate. If they snob you, then

Seriously I don't spy on others!....was never my style!....but I guess they may be *embarrassed, as all the house works have completely stopped. (wires seen dangling dangerously), & in the evenings they lay out their chairs on the road between our houses & start talking loudly...I don't understand anything they are saying!

manwonder wrote:
robal wrote:
manwonder wrote:

Not enough. Should start smiling and waving hand to see if they reciprocate. If they snob you, then

Seriously I don't spy on others!....was never my style!....but I guess they may be *embarrased, as all the house works have completely stopped. (wires seen dangling dangerously), & in the evenings they lay out their chairs on the road between our houses & start talking loudly...I don't understand anything they are saying!

You don´t understand Tagalog? You mean Singaporeans never taught you? :lol:

manwonder wrote:

Guys...My partner and me sense our  neighbours (the related problem family) are slowly but steadily getting unfriendlier as time goes by!
Could it mean that something is 'brewing'?

Perhaps you could share/elaborate your problem and the dynamics to stop us from all guessing? I don't want to be judge Judy nor Aunty Jack.
If they are just neighbours who gives a sh1t?
If it's family then sort it out and your better half can do that.

Cheers, Steve.

robal wrote:
manwonder wrote:
robal wrote:

Seriously I don't spy on others!....was never my style!....but I guess they may be *embarrased, as all the house works have completely stopped. (wires seen dangling dangerously), & in the evenings they lay out their chairs on the road between our houses & start talking loudly...I don't understand anything they are saying!

You don´t understand Tagalog? You mean Singaporeans never taught you? :lol:

No Bisaya either!
But I do smile at least I try to!
Kinda miss the old chap (expat) too!

There was DEAD silence when the boss was around!

Manwonder . . . . . .

Do a Google search of manwonder philippines, you will see your post about your neighbor is transmitted worldwide.

Maybe your neighbor is aware of your post about them, if so, can you blame them for being unfriendly?

How can you expect them to act friendly when their lives are a mess? And they are a mess from everything you have said. They are unhappy.

Thanks W9XR & PD;

Lets put events in order :
House works (80%) stopped well before I made the discovery myself.
(Guys I was infact the *last to know about this in my neighbourhood!)
I must have been the only other Expat who had good long deep conversations with him. He as I've mentioned is  'class' gentleman! ...I guess I was infuriated at that time & maybe less so now after the initial outburst...was I wrong?...I don't think so!

manwonder wrote:

Thanks W9XR & PD;

Lets put things/events in order :
House works (80%) stopped well before I made the discovery myself.
(Guys I was the *last to know about this in my neighbourhood!)
I must have been the only other Expat who had good long deep conversations with him. He is a 'class' gentleman! as I have mentioned earlier...so I was infuriated at that time & maybe less so now after my initial outburst...was I wrong?...I don't think so!

you weren't wrong

the bright side is that soon we may all have bigger problems to make us forget all about the trivial stuff