Name Change in Malta

@Denisemac1 I've sent you a DM

@Eddie B-A hi please send me your lawyer contact, thanks

@dancannons I've messaged you.

@CynVC DM'd you

@Eddie B-A  hi eddie

im faceing the same problem would u be able to five me your soiliters information

Hi edie would u be able to give me your solicters details also how much did it. Cost

Hey everyone,

Let's not forget that contact details should only be sent via the private messaging system as we do not accept such information on the forum.1f601.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl On this occasion it would be handy if there was an exception, I seem to spend a lot of time sending the same message over and over again. I don't mind but I don't always get around to doing it straightaway.

So an information point that might be useful to know and goes back to the original starting post of this thread.

I had to renew my UK passport and was obliged to send a copy of my Maltese passport, the reason being that the UK Passport office will not issue a UK passport with a different name to any non-UK passport you may hold.

So an information point that might be useful to know and goes back to the original starting post of this thread.
I had to renew my UK passport and was obliged to send a copy of my Maltese passport, the reason being that the UK Passport office will not issue a UK passport with a different name to any non-UK passport you may hold.
-@Eddie B-A

I had no problem getting a UK passport for my son on a diffeeent name from his foreign passport.

The exact quote from the HMPO to me was;

"We need you to send the original document (or colour photocopy if applying from overseas) so we can check if the name matches the name you've asked us to show on your British passport.

We will not issue a British passport in a different name"

If I hadn't ticked the box saying I had a second passport they probably wouldn't have known.

If I hadn't ticked the box saying I had a second passport they probably wouldn't have known.
-@Eddie B-A

Probably :) Mine has a Latvian passport and they translate his names into Latvian so very different from his birth cert or British and South African passports.

@Eddie B-A Hi Eddie, I've found this thread really useful as I've just found myself in the same position as you were. Apologies, as I know this has been requested many times before, but would you be okay with sharing your lawyer's details? It looks like there are some good and not so good experiences of the process.

Many thanks!

@ashleybrown22 No problem, I've DMd you.

I should start asking the lawyer for a commission the amount of business I've sent their way.

Good luck in your application.

@Eddie B-A thanks so much Eddie. I've made contact and really appreciate the extra information you've DM'd.

I think you should, heaven points and karma are great, but filthy lucre pays the bills :-)

@Eddie B-A

Hi eddy my wife is in more or less a similar situation can I have the details of the lawyer pls. Thanks is advance

@Eddie B-A

My wife is in a similar situation and we've been hitting a brick wall for many years, possible to have the lawyer details pls

Thanks for the info

@Eddie B-A HELLO, Can i have the name of your lawyer please ?

@Maître Soumaya

DM'd you

Could someone please share the contact of that lawyer with me?

@Eddie B-A hello Eddie, could you please share the contact of the lawyer with me too? Thank you.

@Eddie B-A

Hi eddie! Im in the same boat, could I also have the lawyer's information to contact them to get this done for me as I was quoted 600 euros!

@Eddie B-A

HI eddie, not sure if my other message went through, could I also get the laywer info? Been such a hard process to find one

@kdpritchard

hello! just wondering if you could share the info of the lawyer info you got from Eddie?

thank you!

@Cheryl

HI cheryl, I was curious did you get the name of the lawyer Eddie used for the name change in Malta? If so could I also get her name?

thank you!

@JohannaGalea

Hello Johanna, I was curious if you could pass on the name of the name change lawyer in Malta from Eddie?

Thanks so much!

Michelina

@Obobu DM'd

@michi11 DM'd

@Cheryl Can we possibly make an exception here. I don't always see the requests or messages and rather that people waiting for me to reply it would be quicker to just have a pinned post with the details.

I want to come in malta could you anyone tell me it is good or not in study visa i am from india

@Eddie B-A

Hello Eddie,

Feel free to recommend the lawyer in the Malta business directory by adding his name and contact details.

It will be easier to guide members.

Contact details unfortunately should not be posted on the open forum.

Thank you for your comprehension

Bhavna

@Bhavna They are listed amongst several other lawyers in there. Am I ok to name them when pointing people to the Business section ?

@sarif143khan You're in the wrong thread.

This is for people who have registered as Maltese citizens and require a legal name change.

@Eddie B-A

You can name the lawyer and we (admins) will also guide members (we will keep in mind the name).

@Eddie BA

Hi Eddie.. Hope u dont mind me reaching out to you. I am new on the site and have been trying to get some help with a good Maltese lawyer who can give me advice for my elderly mum who wants her Maltese citizenship assigned via heritage decent. We have all the documentation in order to apply but have spotted mums name Maude is spent differently three different ways on her passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate. Can't believe it... Wanted to ask a lawyer what they thought we should do and whether it will hamper her application.. We are based in London. Do u have the lawyers name you used... Thanks Lindsey

@lindseyyoung82

hello and welcome !

Please note that Eddie added his recommendation in the Business Directory > SMM Group

Find the contact details in the Lawyers in Malta section of the business directory.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Thank u so much.. Very kind of you and much appreciated

Lindsey

@Eddie B-A

Hello Eddie - please could you send me the details of the lawyer that helped you? I'd like to get my name changed on my Maltese passport after having it legally changed abroad. I realise the last post has been a while back, but I hope that you can still help me! Thanks.

@GG2023

Hello and welcome !

Please read the following post : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#5803160

The professional recommended by Eddie can be found in the business directory.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna Thank you for your prompt response. I did check the business directory but was not sure which law firm it was as there were a few listed and I am afraid I did not come across the post you indicated. So thanks for your help.