New members of the USA forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the USA forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the USA if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Thanks, it will take a while before I will arrive. (October) but I would like get some contacts already.

Do you mean where I’m going to live. That’s something we’ll decide in the summer. It’s to early to arrange something yet

Im not at all sure if Im even typing on the right “thread”!!? We’ve been in the USA for 19 years already, but we recently moved to Chattanooga TN, and were wondering if there are any Saffas living around here? Always good to have another friend from the “Homeland” over for coffee (or wine) ;)

Hello Susanlouw & Marieke Derikx and welcome to the forum,
[at] Susanlouw You can always take a look at the USA expat network maybe you'll see some people to drink coffee (or wine) with.

[at]Marieke Derikx we'll be pleased to listen about your plan(s) in the states ! A new adventure is always exciting but questions may arrise somehow, don't hesitate to create a new topic if you have any questions regarding your expatriation :D
wishing you a great day. :)

Thank you for the welcome Julien! I’m moving to Elkton, Maryland in April to live with my daughter and son-in-law. A whole new life awaits and it’s pretty exciting  but will also be sad to leave behind family and friends here in South Africa.

Hello all,

I am in Bristol, Connecticut.

I'm from Durban, South Africa and I have also lived in Cape Town and Johannesburg.

I am looking to connect with South Africans in the USA, and also in Connecticut. I miss the SA sense of humour (ya know, the van der Merwe jokes), food and culture.

I tried the network but nothing came up with searches.

Hope to start hearing from you all.

Hi
I am living in US last 21 years, but last year in August we moved to Hawaii Oahu and we don't know anybody here.
I am originally from Turkey but I was away so many years. Living in Hawaii is awesome but you need your community.

Hey,
Nice to meet you all