New members of the Seychelles forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Seychelles forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Seychelles if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Dear all,

I would want to relocate to Seychelles. I have been working in a corporate since 18 years and now working for NGOs for under priveledged children and women . Especially aiming at education and health .
Do let me know how to apply for the same and the details.

I am also a recruiter and would want to give any individual the position / work as per his skill and potential

regards

Treesa b

I am Nabin 30 yrs old male from Nepal and studied and lived in Australia for over 8 years and currently In Nepal working for women and children at an INGO. I would love to move to Seychelles and get a job there in order to reside and I found out its a really nice country with amazing people. Please let me know if you have any opportunities for me.

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : for security reasons, we do not accept personal information on the forum. Share them through the private message system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

To move to Seychelles you need to get a Gainful Occupational Permit GOP that is issued by the company that will offer you employment but it has to be in an area that is in demand and that you are qualified to work in.  Best of luck!

Refer to this website for more info:  http://www.ics.gov.sc

THANK YOU MR ROSSE. But finding a gop /company that provides permit from overseas especially from my country is almost impossible. Although I am qualified and has got experience from Australia, we don't get counted much. Our fate to be born in an underdeveloped country. Can some company help? I have been trying for long and don't usually get any response from anywhere in Seychelles. Kind regards

Seychelles is 90% owned Government business and they are the ones with the monopoly. Unfortunately your experience in Australia (no disrespect) does not mean much. I studied and lived Down Under Myself as has many Seychelles natives but chances of getting employed lies at the mercy of the employers.  They say It's not over till the fat lady sing so don't give up and at the same time do not put all your eggs in one basket...

Hi Everyone,

My wife, daughter, myself and possibly  my 2 adult sons are looking to relocate to the Seychelles but COVID19 had other plans. I work abroad but am currently stuck in West Africa until I am allowed home and hopefully soon after have the opportunity to visit and have a look at your lovely island. Been to Vanuatu before but my wife was not too happy to move there and it was a too long trip. Would love the island life and I'm sure it would be a huge change. The property seems very expensive compared to SA so I am looking at rather renting and building our own home. Been doing some research but don't seem to get much response, even from companies in Mahe when enquiring about car prices etc.
Anyone have any advise/tips about moving or living there. Would appreciate any contacts with regards to realty, vehicles (best to buy new or used?), good doctors, dentist, optometrist, shopping etc. 
If anyone with feedback on the international school would be really great, this is very important as my daughter still have to finish her senior years.
Any on the ground information would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Martin.

Hi Julien

I am Fahd from Pakistan I want to be there in seyshelle for living.  What will be the rite way to process every thing

Hello Friends,
My name is Dr. Goodwind and I am thinking about moving off shore. I am currently in San Diego California. I might just put everything in storage and just show up over there to see what my prospects are. Peace and happiness to all.
DRG

Hello . My name is Angy . Me and my husband, Anuraag are delighted to be part of this forum.

We are both British nationals but of Indian origin. We are residents of The Netherlands where we are based for professional reasons.
We have a house in Praslin since 2011. We bought it as our escape from the world into paradise. We visit the house twice a year. This year due to Covid we might not be able to come in .

We wanted to join this forum to stay connected and share common topics of interest and concern for us foreigners.

We would also love to connect with people who have questions about life here. And also would like to rent our home to local companies who want to offer accommodation to their senior managers in Praslin.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Angy and Anuraag

Hi, I'm Leanne, I have lived all my life in the UK but i am half Seychelloise so usually visit Mahé once a year. This time I'm staying indefinitely! I've been here since October and enjoying the freedom here compared to the UK (currently in lockdown!) at the moment. Would love to connect with new people!

I am Akia, from Cameroon and working in Cameroon in the INGO sector for years now. Wish to relocate to Seychelle in order to have new experience in life. I also heard it is a beautiful country made of wonderful landscapes and water. Can i please know the procedure to take in order to move and work in this beautiful and peaceful country.

Thanks

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916077

Thanks!

Closed