New members of the Ghana forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ghana forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ghana if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello everyone,

My name is Alessandro, and I am living in Accra.
I am a volunteer and I am interested in finding accommodation.
I need it from the end of March until July (min).
Therefore, please feel free to share my telephone number with other expats which maybe are living in sharing apartments or knows landlords renting rooms.

Thank you very much for any help you will provide me.

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, I'm Ali and I've been living in Ghana for 10 years and originally from the UK.

I live off grid in the Cape Coast area with my husband and various animals. I'm interested in networking with any like-minded souls who enjoy the arts and nature.

I'm about to set up a small business writing, editing - including CVs!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hello,

I recently moved to Ghana from Senegal though am Kenyan and already settling in well.

I consult for a financial institution.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Welcome in Ghana and on our website. Hope you will enjoy it.

Hi all

I am from South Africa and interested in relocating to Ghana. I have lived there before for 4yrs and i consider it my second home. Now i am looking for a job in Occupational Health and Safety there.

Your help is very much appreciated

Cheers
Boni

Hi Boni,

Welcome on our forum, hope you will enjoy it.

Which certification have you ? NEBOSH ? OSHA ? ...

Why don't you not a CV in our dedicated page https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/africa/ghana/

Dear All,
My name is Nathan. I'm a Lawyer at Grove Legal Chambers at East Legon, Accra.
I'm eager to assist with all legal issues pertaining to Ghana. I'm also looking to expand my clientele base and so open for business anytime any day.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me whenever.

Most grateful!

Dear Nathan,

Welcome on our website.

As we recommend to all newcomers, please read our code of conduct / guides / old discussions. This will allow you to understand the philosophy of our forum.

In order to guarantee quality service to our members, please register your details in the section dedicated to personal assistance services.

https://www.expat.com/en/business/africa/ghana/

Hi All,

I am a Ghanaian Dietitian currently resident in Ghana. Looking forward to collaborating.

Happy to be on board.

Ernestina

Registered Dietitian Ernestina wrote:

Hi All,

I am a Ghanaian Dietitian currently resident in Ghana. Looking forward to collaborating.

Happy to be on board.

Ernestina

Hello Ernestina,

Please follow the advice I just wrote before your presentation.

And of course, welcome on board

Came to Takiradi in December of 2019 with my family and lived inside Atlantic Hotel for one month. 
Was surprised to not find a comfortable place to live in but the company rented a staff house at Marboah fir three months.
My experience here was overwhelming because there is not much to do without transport.

I understand your plight. Sometimes it is difficult to imagine life in a new country.  It is always important to understand what your employer will provide in terms of accommodation, transport, education etc. If you find a reliable local taxi driver that usually helps with transport. I hope you are beginning to settle in to life in Ghana.

My name is Benjamin Amoako , I come from Ghanaian, I need job as drilling supervisor  in Burkina Faso currently I am in Ghana I need the job in Burkina Faso . So I need job badly and all the details you need I will give you.

amoakobenjamin37 wrote:

My name is Benjamin Amoako , I come from Ghanaian, I need job as drilling supervisor  in Burkina Faso currently I am in Ghana I need the job in Burkina Faso . So I need job badly and all the details you need I will give you.

Hi Benjamin,

Welcome on our website.

While understanding your problem, our forum is not an employment office.  If you want, there is a section dedicated to the CV deposit.  But for the rest, it's up to you to manage.  The philosophy of our forum is to help the foreigner who arrives in Ghana.

Wow this is awesome. Nice to meet you . Im in accra and love NATURE. I hope to connect with you in that area. Thank you
Im Kay by the way, living in accra

Nice meeting you too,am also in Takoradi and really looking forward to connect to people like you.Nice meeting you.

Hi everyone, I am Lorrita. Content developer and cosmetics raw materials trader based in Accra but recently moved to kokrobite where I am building my passion project "ArtForm" I love to meet like minded individuals/professionals for casual insightful conversations and networking with individuals with mutual interests. I love being in nature and I look forward to getting to know you 😊

Hello Lorrita Dede,

Welcome to Expat.com

Thank you for the introduction.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to post them on the forum.  ;)

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com Team.

hello thank you, Yes I actually did. Looking forward to the outcome. Thanks again.

Hello everyone, My name is Paulette.  I am actually wanting to learn as much as possible about Ghana, prior to visiting.  I'm considering relocating to Ghana and very interested in learning more about the culture and the different cuisines among locals.

speedy0121 wrote:

Hello everyone, My name is Paulette.  I am actually wanting to learn as much as possible about Ghana, prior to visiting.  I'm considering relocating to Ghana and very interested in learning more about the culture and the different cuisines among locals.

Good morning Paulette and welcome to our forum.

Take the time to read:
- Guides located under the "discover" tab
- Old discussions that you can even filter using the magnifying glass located next to your avatar.

Most of your questions have probably been debated many times.

Ghana is a country with many facets and many possibilities for those who really want to invest in its development.

Hello speedy0121,

Welcome to Expat.com  :top:

Thank you for introducing yourself to us.

I will now invite you to create a new topic on the Ghana forum where you will be able to ask all your questions about the life in Ghana.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

Hello,

My name is Bomani Williams and I'm from the USA. I have been interested in moving to West Africa for some time now. I recently got out of the military and now I want to buy a small plot of land to farm on. I'm on this website in search of a mentor who can help me understand how purchasing land, securing housing, and the general way of life in Ghana works.

Best regards,
Bomani Williams

Hi
I'm sure you will find what you are looking for but there are lots of pitfalls in buying land and property here. I suggest you first of all come on a visit for a month or so and find out if Ghana really is for you and in that month make genuine contacts and also work out whether what you want to do is feasible or maybe find something else that you can do

Hi Williams,

Welcome on our forum.

Take the time to read:
- Guides located under the "discover" tab
- Old discussions that you can even filter using the magnifying glass located next to your avatar.

Most of your questions have probably been debated many times.

Take contact with https://www.gipcghana.com/

Thank you!

Hi my name is Bella.  I am retired and will be relocating to ghana soon.  I spend the winters in Ghana and the rest of the seasons in the USA.  My home is available for short term and long term rentals while I am away from Ghana.

Welcome to the forum but this section is for introductions and not for rentals. There is another section for that.

thanks

nice to meet you and would be glad to get to know more and learn lots from you too, live in ghana and would love to connect with you ,glad if you can send me a message ..hope
to hear from  you soon

hello bro, am earl and with your post, you need really take time and deciding how to buy this , lots of troubles surrounding land purchase is abundant these days in ghana and it will takt lot of patience and time to actually know what you want,i will suggest you take time off and then visit ghana and just see how things move out here for while before u start anything,, thanks

hello am new here accra ghana am from pakistan living in kenya last 20 years so now i moved ghana any one join me please all welcome

Thank you

Am Daniel
I welcome you to Accra
If you need any help from me, you can contact me ***

@Kisdaniel

For your personal safety please do not post ANY contact details on the open forum

Ok thank you my good friend

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915976

Thanks!

Closed