AARP Writer looking for Americans in Ghana...

I'm doing an article on affordable retirement abroad. I understand a good number of African Americans have settled here. If you're of a certain age and are willing to answer a few questions for publicaation, please get in touch personally [email protected]

I am not African American but have come across many in Ghana.
You have probably already heard about Imakhus at One Africa (www.oneafrica.com.) Apart from interviewing her she knows many of the kind of interviewees that you are looking for.
I met one man who lives next door to One Africa. He moved with his wife, who has now passed away, to Ghana. It was interesting to talk to him since he told us how difficult his and his wifeŽs life was as pensioners in the US.It was not only about going back to the roots but also for practical reasons.He was still staying there in 2007 so I think that he is still in Ghana.

Unfortunately I donŽt have any contact details to the people I have met in Accra but I am sure that the snow ball effect will help you once you get in touch with Imakhus at One Africa.

The "certain age" thing can make it a little sensitive otherwise there are some other people I am thinking about who are not quite there yet age wise.

Good luck and I would love to read your article/paper when it has been published since I am into diaspora research myself.

Thank you very much. To get in touch with this person, though, you mentioned One Africa. I've gone there and can't see how to contact Imakhus--no forum that I can find, etc. Any help?

Barry Golson

I have sent the address in a private message.