I want to move to ghana

Hi everyone i am john.I subscribed to this forum because i want to move from greece to ghana with my girlfriend so i need all the useful informations. Thank you

hahahaha basically there is no information to tell ghana is a good country to live just dont get into trouble like drugs and etc cause you will definately rot in jail hahahaha!!,happy life man

Hi John

Good luck on your stay in Ghana, when you do make the move.  After living away for over 24 yrs I went back to live for about a year.

The advice.

Go to school or find a job for about a year or two, it is the only way, you will understand the thinking and behaviour of the people in the country.  Do not feel sorry for anyone, they survived without you, and they will survive after you.

Stay safe
Jordiin

i need informations such as if i can find job and which is the best way to di it

Jordiin thank you your experience of staying abroad  is manifest
on what you u say and teddy2007 thank you for your tip:-)))))

Hi Gannis

Like everywhere in the world these days, jobs are very hard to come by, a good way would be to walk into various firms or organisations, speaking to them and leaving your cvs.

Jordiin

how did the move go?

I have been here nearly 3 years - happy to give advice if you let me know what it is you specifically want to know about

Eva i cant say exactly what i want to know, i just know that i want to visit  then make a decision for the future, so would you suggest some must do's when I visit for 2 weeks.

go see some of the sites - kakum/cape coast castle etc.  Get out of Accra  abit.  Western region has lovely beeches etc.  Try and get someone to being you a a village so you see what real life is like.  Eastern region and volta also a must see and some fabulous waterfalls there.

hi.

how are you ? you will be welcoming in Ghana. Ghana is beautiful country and peaceful you can get everything you need here in Ghana :)

Hi everyone,
Where can I buy good quality meat in Accra?  I am from South Africa and we eat a lot of meat in SA.

You can get good pork from Cottage farms opposite Labone Junction on Ring Road.
We buy a sheep and a goat from the North and freeze them so I don't buy much meat in Accra but it looks reasonable at the Mall and also A & C Mall which is Maxmart

Thank you very much for the info.  You are a great help. Can one buy meat directly from a farmer or is there slaughter houses?

The cottage farms guy slaughters and prepares his own meat.
I think we just buy our sheep and goats from the person who has raised them and they slaughter and prepare them.
At Christmas we slaughtered a goat - that is to say our househelp and the guy nextdoor did. Not sure there are any recognised slaughterhouses here.

Buy meat from stallar catering. They have a shop (not sure where it is) but they also own Champs Sports bar.... you can go in there and buy frozen/suction packed meat. Its quite pricy but good and is is all imported fro SA... Great steaks!

The address for Stellar Catering is 5 Agbaamo Link Airport Residential Accra Phone 0244773403 and it is open Mon -Sat from 9 -5

Thank you very much for this info.  My husband, who is currently in Accra, heard about that South African meat but he did not know where to order it.  I am still in SA but I'm flying out there on the 4th of August.  I'll go and show him where to buy meat as he is to shy to open his mouth. (lol)  By the time I move there in December I'll have more friends than him.

hi, i would have shown u a good place to buy all kinds of meat if u were in Kumasi the Ashanti region.
u can visit the Ashanti region, Kumasi, i will show u around