Fitness facilities in Santo Domingo - Gazcue or nearby

Hi all,

My first thread here and my reading of the forums suggests that everyone is helpful and friendly. So here goes..

Arriving in Santo Domingo 1/1/2020, to evaluate the city (and DR), as a future home ..and despite looking online, given my complete lack of local knowledge, I can find little reliable information on gyms in Gazque (or nearby). My limited Spanish doesn't help but some things are more an issue of local knowledge than language. All advice or suggest would be welcome.

Criteria:
1) By "gym" I mean free weights and machines. I don't need classes, personal trainers, pools, tennis courts etc.
2) Nearby? ie within 30 mins walk as I won't be driving or ubering and I won't initially be confidently using public transport.
3) Payment? Cash or foreign bank account direct debit. Mexican Smartfit gyms require a local bank account so those in Santo Domingo may be similarly inaccessible to me.
4) Monthly membership. I may only be in the city for 2 months, so short term options are necessary.

I would consider free outdoor fitness yards, however my preference would be a membership situation. 

Looking through the forum and services I found nothing. My apologies if I missed a previous thread on the subject. I ask because, as interested as i am in Santo Domingo, a lack of gyms could be a deal breaker. I ask also because I recently conducted a similiar search for gyms in Mexico City and failed to find enough information, before arriving. This time I want to identify options before buying my plane ticket.

This request for advice is trivial compared to the needs of those moving permanently to the DR with families but I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance, eldelicado

Use google and type in: gimnasio gazcue santo domingo

A whole bunch of gyms in your area will show up on a google map with contact details.

Sorry but this forum does not copy the fill google link address (it copies part of it as active and in blue and the rest in black print - it does not recognize such conjugations like @ in the link address) for you to just click on and see the result.

Thanks Lennoxnev.

As uncomfortable as I am with Google's attitude towards our privacy it seems my search engine 'Duckduckgo' was vastly inferior to what Google yielded. That change made I can immediately see the nearby options.

I'd still welcome any further advice but that's an encouraging start. Thanks  :)

Hey Lennoxnev,

Do you know of any gyms in LT? 
What I mostly see is yoga there.

My knowledge is 4 years old when I lived there, but there was a local gymnasium on the road into the town (Duarte) after the intersection with the Boulevard Turistica and just past the bus stop for guaguas to Sanchez and on that side of the road.

Thanks will look them up.