Home decoration ideas for expats in Costa Rica

Hello,

After moving to Costa Rica, setting up home and turning your accommodation into your personal abode can be a great way to start off your new life and feel at home. We would like to know whether expats are keen on decorating and furnishing to warm up their space whether for the festive season or all year-round.

Upon renting a new apartment or house in Costa Rica, do you redesign your accommodation to suit your taste? Are your choices influenced by price, climate, etc…?

Have you brought any interior decoration items from your home country or did you consider buying any once in Costa Rica?

As an expat in Costa Rica do you find it worthy to invest in home decor? Could you share what you have bought and perhaps some interesting places to shop for home decor?

How would you describe the local style of decoration? Have you picked up any item which reflects the local style?

Would you be inspired by the festive season to decorate and add a festive touch to your living space?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

One of the most enjoyable things is setting up your home and decorating different from what you had on your home country. A coastal and tico flare was our choice. Stopping at all the little craft stands helped us to get decorations and we also brought some from the states. I also used a lot of shells, finishing pictures and had some paintings done. Furnishings were provided at first but now we are having some made and purchasing a lot of things from San Jose like rugs, linens and small appliances.  It's the little things that make it home.

Thank you for the information.  I'm not moving to CR, I'm visiting for 3 months.  Warmest

I am thinking to move Costa Rica but I have some concerns where to live.

Kemal.....Costa Rica is for foreigners with $means$.....Those days for the budget minded,who want to stay indefinitely are long gone.....Hello Global Capital .