Having a baby in Kurdistan

My husband and I will be transferring to Kurdistan with our two children in August. We've got a baby on the way. We will be located in Duhok. I was wondering about the hospital there and in Erbil. Right now, we will probably travel back to Egypt to have the baby, but with work, I'm not sure how much of an option that will be.

We'll also need a nanny. Not sure how easy it will be to find one there; especially in the Duhok area.

hi,congrats!i do not know about Duhok,but even in Erbil it is hard to find a big good hospital,there are generally small clinics taking care of these issues with generally Arab,Turk,Pakistani doctors.It will be better if you come and try to find a ob/gyn in Erbil then later go to Dohuk,if you are not satisfied with the doc in here and there,unfortunately you will not have any opportunity but fly back to egypt.

Hi wingsgirl and welcome to Expat.com.

Congratulation for the baby and I hope that other members will be able to give you some advices.

Regards,
Harmonie.

hi,im not sure about duhok but i know in erbil there is a private maternity hospital i can think of the name of road but i know there are other private hospitals.in regards to nanny if based in duhok i cant help but good luck and congrats on baby

Thanks to everyone for posting a reply. Hopefully it will all work out as I've been informed that I will probably have to have the baby in Kurdistan as my husband and I cannot both leave the country and travel to have the baby.