Aussies in Indo

I am doing some research and would like to get some ideas of other areas of Indonesia apart from Bali that alot of Australians might visit or even live. Thanks in advance for any information supplied.

Lombok
Yogyakarta
Big lumps of Sumatra
Aceh
South Kalimantan is lovely
Belitung (One of my favourites)
Gili islands (Water sports)
Loads of others

Perhaps also G-land, Nias (surfers), J akarta and Balikpapan (those in the oil and gas industry)

Hell of a lot in Batam,
1000's expats live here or visit long term due to connection with work and family ties
I would safely say Australians are number 1 here and a great bunch also
United Kingdom 2nd and from the UK I would say mostly Scottish followed by English few welsh and Irish
Lots of Norwegians and Dutch along with USA, Canadian
Few French, italian, Germans, South Africans and one or two Kiwis amongst other's
Overall I would say Malaysian, Singaporean dominates expats living here many 1000's

You need to do some homework!!!  Australians are no where near close to having the most expats in Indonesia. China, Japan, Korea, India, Malaysia, Philippines and USA all ahead of Australia.

Andrew2894 wrote:

You need to do some homework!!!  Australians are no where near close to having the most expats in Indonesia. China, Japan, Korea, India, Malaysia, Philippines and USA all ahead of Australia.

Possibly take the time to read the question and answers before posting a silly reply

Thanks for your non helpful reply Andrew. If you actually read my post i was asking about one specific group nothing about other countries.....reading and comprehension are great skills to possess!!!!

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Most Aussies, like the rest of the world, usually only know of Bali but some more adventurous souls have explored further and found other areas.
Lombok is especially beautiful but it all depends what you're looking for - a glorified long term holiday, working, retirement, or whatever.

bullmike76 wrote:

Thanks for your non helpful reply Andrew. If you actually read my post i was asking about one specific group nothing about other countries.....reading and comprehension are great skills to possess!!!!

Quite probably the list he has provided is working migrants, issued working visa etc looks similar to previous list I have seen,
Not sure if they is a similar one to retired/ other available that may be of help for you, then again it's unlikely to give a breakdown of areas
They are almost 100 Australian expats starting on our project, February-March they will arrive most positions will be 20months plus

Sorry Gwyneth what project are you talking about?

bullmike76 wrote:

Sorry Gwyneth what project are you talking about?

They are several oil& gas projects up and running and pre engineering on others on the Island of Batam, I'm not allowed to mention a certain company as I'm an employee
But if you google the like of Mcdermott international, Batam, Chicago Bridge Iron (owned by mcdermott) PT SMOE, Bechtel  Tyra extension, epc Qatar project etc  you'll find quite a lot I would imagine
Wheatstone and Gorgon (Australian) further works will be coming (nothing confirmed as yet and may be rumours at this stage)
They is a boom for the foreseeable future, sadly local labour is an all time low in comparison of previous years due to local agents being vulgar with prices