Whiskey in Vietnam: trusted group to order?

Hello,
I would like to get a hold of a trusted distributor/wholesaler or even a private FB group that can handle importation of real not-fake scotch whisky? I have been scared by the rumours that most sold whiskies are fake or diluted.

You might check with the buyer at the airport.

cocobipbip wrote:

Hello,
I would like to get a hold of a trusted distributor/wholesaler or even a private FB group that can handle importation of real not-fake scotch whisky? I have been scared by the rumours that most sold whiskies are fake or diluted.

There, there.

Don't be scared.

Both Mega Market and Lottemart have genuine booze.

Cheers!

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
cocobipbip wrote:

Hello,

There, there.

Don't be scared.

Cheers!

His concerns are justified.

Fake alcohol

colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
cocobipbip wrote:

Hello,

There, there.

Don't be scared.

Cheers!

Fake alcohol

From that article:

If you are planning to buy a bottle of liquor, make sure you buy it from reputable sources, such as supermarkets or well-known local stores that have been around for ages, and ensure that the bottles have labels on them.

Most of what they talked about in the article is about drinks from bars or "street stalls"?? I don't think I'd take that chance but I think a 2,500,000 bottle of McCallen 18 from Mega Market is probably OK.  I only drink beer in restaurants.  Never thought of buying a drink or glass of wine.

colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
cocobipbip wrote:

Hello,

There, there.

Don't be scared.

Cheers!

Fake alcohol

Good blog, Colin.

As it says in that article:

How to Avoid the Fake Stuff

If you're planning to go for a drink, only do so at establishments you're familiar with, and avoid any drinks that have suspiciously low prices—remember, alcohol is heavily taxed here and it doesn't make any business sense for an establishment to charge dirt cheap prices, especially on imported liquor. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

If you are planning to buy a bottle of liquor, make sure you buy it from reputable sources, such as supermarkets or well-known local stores that have been around for ages, and ensure that the bottles have labels on them.

SteinNebraska wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

There, there.

Don't be scared.

Cheers!

Fake alcohol

From that article:

Most of what they talked about in the article is about drinks from bars or "street stalls"?? I don't think I'd take that chance but I think a 2,500,000 bottle of McCallen 18 from Mega Market is probably OK.  I only drink beer in restaurants.  Never thought of buying a drink or glass of wine.

A friend of mine owned a very popular cafe/restaurant in D1. He used to buy from a reputable supplier, so he thought, until he found some fake bottles of bourbon in his supplies.
Same thing with perfume, they drill a small hole in the bottom of the bottle, drain the original product out, then refill it with watered down products. The bottles are original, but the contents have been changed.

colinoscapee wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Fake alcohol

From that article:

A friend of mine owned a very popular cafe/restaurant in D1. He used to buy from a reputable supplier, so he thought, until he found some fake bottles of bourbon in his supplies.
Same thing with perfume, they drill a small hole in the bottom of the bottle, drain the original product out, then refill it with watered down products. The bottles are original, but the contents have been changed.

Sounds like a time to "have a meeting"...

;)

SteinNebraska wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

There, there.

Don't be scared.

Cheers!

Fake alcohol

From that article:

We were posting at the same time (you won!)

Great minds...

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Fake alcohol

From that article:

We were posting at the same time (you won!)

Great minds...

How do you know that beer in the restaurant is genuine, ifake beer does exist.

This one gang was putting out 28000 bottle a month, not a large amount, but it adds up to around 300,000 bottles a year.

Fake beer