Link to 2019 Version of Penal Codes?

I swear up and down i read somewhere on these forums that they had a copy of the 2019 Penal Codes, but for the life of me, I can not find that post to ask that person directly, nor can i find anything on google ... damnit i must be getting old!

whomever it was that stated they had a copy, would you be so kind as to share a URL ?

well..... i finally found it ... albeit i don't know how accurate it is, and if it includes the new 2019 revisions ...

http://vbpl.vn/TW/Pages/vbpq-toanvan.aspx?ItemID=96122

I suppose i can write a script to do comparable checks every 30 days to check for new updates ....

ok, so, i am working on a translation of the penal codes for Vietnam ..... and i'm a bit concerned about translating this in a way that people would be able to "search" it easier. To give an example: lets take Article 182:

Điều 182. Tội vi phạm chế độ một vợ, một chồng

in English:

Article 182. Crime of violating the regime of one husband and one wife

Now... to me, this would sound odd in English, since English would describe this in just one word "Adultery" ....

Should I append extra cells for fast search so that it reads as a direct translation, but when a user does a key word search for "Adultery" that is points directly to this law???

It just seems like a direct translation is not exactly going to be something that a person is going to easily "Search" for in English.

jefJones wrote:

ok, so, i am working on a translation of the penal codes for Vietnam ..... and i'm a bit concerned about translating this in a way that people would be able to "search" it easier. To give an example: lets take Article 182:

Điều 182. Tội vi phạm chế độ một vợ, một chồng

in English:

Article 182. Crime of violating the regime of one husband and one wife

Now... to me, this would sound odd in English, since English would describe this in just one word "Adultery" ....

Should I append extra cells for fast search so that it reads as a direct translation, but when a user does a key word search for "Adultery" that is points directly to this law???

It just seems like a direct translation is not exactly going to be something that a person is going to easily "Search" for in English.

Not trying to be pedantic, but it translates to " one wife and one husband".

isnt that what i said?  did i write 2 wives and 2 husbands ???

The point im asking about is that a native English speaker would not search about such a thing outside of the word "Adultery" ...

You seem to be missing the point of the problem i am focusing on ( if we are actually interested in helping other expats, which i THOUGHT was the point here )  ... "Optimal way to make it "search friendly" for English .... ( and eventually Russian, German, French and whoever else wants do work on translations ) Why should we have to pay some lawyer to read the laws that we are supposed to be abiding by?

Imagine you have a web page with a few thousand cells of text ( sort of like a google spread-sheet ... how do you "optimize" the list to be easy to search based on the mindset of a native english speaker ...  Or are you offering to translate the spreadsheet ?