Want to know where to stay cost of living Las Terrenas

Looking for help before coming to Las Terrenas
I will travel in January for 3 week to try to see how it is working if we decide to retire in LT
my wife and myself any help is appreciated
want to know where to stay cost of living ...
Thanks

It depends on what you are looking for specifically. Of course I would suggest Playa Bonita since we have a condo there and really like it. On site is one of the nicest beaches in DR and some great restaurants right on the beach walk. It may be a bit pricey in comparison though. Cost of living depends on your life style. When we visit we hit the grocery stores and restaurants so it is not so cheap, but that's the tourist life style. You can certainly live more economically if you choose.  Real estate and rents in LT I would guess is more costly in comparison to other DR locations.

thks
are u renting ur condo on my date/if yes how much what inclused/
thks

I can check and send you a private message.

for the expense i dont need expensive life will cook and buy local
but need safe neighbor any idea how much a month will cost

Some nice places to rent NOW in LT for cheap. Like 400-500$ / month.  But nice places...as not all of us have same standards. Good locations as well.

Choosing a place to live long term in Las Terrenas highly depends on the person. Where I might find an area noisy, another person might find the same area comforting or another person find it exciting and filled with action.
My advice would be to rent in different areas and learn about what it is you care about most so that you can find it better.
For cost of living, it will highly depend on what lifestyle matters to you. Do you expect to own a car? Depending on where you live and what you plan to do, that might be optional. Do you need high speed internet? That might be cheaper in some areas for reasons of competition than others. What about electricity? Some places have backup generators, others do not. What activities do you care about? Are you a car mechanic? Will you need space to do work? Is there an existing group with similar interests to yourself? Do you need 24/7 security for peace of mind?
I recommend gaining the clarity to make a list of things that you must have at any price, things that you would like to have and what each thing is worth to you. This will allow you to find a good option for yourself.

One last bit of advice is that many places are not constructed to modern standards. Be careful to check for hidden issues like flooding during increased rains, or if buying, be sure to require a proper land title search.

Good fortune to your journey.

Scooter wrote:

Some nice places to rent NOW in LT for cheap. Like 400-500$ / month.  But nice places...as not all of us have same standards. Good locations as well.

Scooter:

Where would one find such listings.  Via a realtor?  Airbnb?  Local newspapers?   Websites? 

Where I've been looking, not seeing anything in LT for that price.

Jim
ExpatRusher

Scooter wrote:

Where are you seeing these? And what do you consider to be "nice"?

Best bet Airbnb's and when u in DR ask the local will help you