HIV FOREIGNER SUPPORT GROUP IN SHANGHAI

I just found out that im HIV + and im wondering if theres any HIV support group in Shanghai?

It is a bit cavalier for someone to say just come and see what happens... don't worry be happy. You will need to think long and hard about China being a good fit for you.  Can you get the medication and regular tests you need to stay healthy? If you resign from your current position and you are deported from China if Shanghai doesn't allow HIV + people can you support yourself until you find another job back home? While I don't think it is productive to worry all the time you need to take a calculated risk as this involves your health. 

Moving to a new country presents with many stressors for a healthy person without a chronic medical condition (in a more developed country, with a better health care system, your condition would be well managed and not a huge issue). Navigating the Chinese health care system (largely hospital based) can be challenging if you are not fluent in Mandarin so you have some important things to consider before making such a move. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Doubtful, not impossible though.

There will be Chinese support groups of course.

You can't work in China legally, I don't know about staying on though, maybe family visa if married.

Maybe cheapest in the world for major disease care, IF you don't have insurance or health care in your own country that is. Still expensive though, even by Western money relativity.

I have no problem with navigating Chinese Hospitals, I was in one just a few hours ago by myself, just got out after 5 days in for a small procedure. I also had open heart surgery in january this year, in fact I am supposed to be the first Foreigner to have elective heart surgery in the famous HuaXi hospital chain. By myself many times during those many weeks after the Op, and 8 days of testing leading up to the Op.

ALL Doctors and Nurses speak English, they can't get their qualifications without passing their English exams (same for Policemen and Lawyers). But many don't talk English ever after their exams, and as with any people, some are woeful at it, while some are very good Chinglish speakers, and there will always be someone on staff who will help you if you are persistent.

I agree with pandabiz.

Fate has thrust me into numerous situations using the Chinese medical system and  would say that it is on par with the American medical system, and actually superior to it in a number of key factors. I have no problem having operations or procedures in China.

Many professionals can speak Chinglish, and there will always be someone who can translate for you.

HIV+ is a terrible illness, but there are treatments available. You can live a reasonable life if you follow the treatment plan.

However...

Making a move... a stressful move... to a new and different nations... to a different culture and society... with no friends... will be stressful.

It might not be in your best interests to do so, given your condition and situation. You should think about this carefully and factor in tripling your stress level.