Meeting people in shanghai

Hi,
My name is amelie and I'm 26 y-o.
I just arrived in Shanghai and I'm gonna stay here to work for about one year. I don't know anybody in this city and I would like to meet some english speaking people to exchange experience and do some activities together sometimes, basically make some friends.
I'm living in Pudong area.
I would also like to meet some people who could help me learning a bit of mandarin. I've started but I need to practice discussing with other people.
You can contact me at [email protected]
Bye,

Amelie

Welcome on Expat-blog Amelie!

Maybe the Shangai expat network, might help you to get some contacts.

Wish you all the best

hi,nice see you,i'm a chinese work and live in shanghai and i'm a male,maybe i could help you anything in shanghai.
send me email via [email protected]

Hey Amelie,

Hope the website LIVE IN SHANGHAI could help you, more or less.
live.shanghaidaily.com/

Wish you joy by staying in Shanghai.
Iponey H.B.

Hey Amelie,

I'm new to Shanghai too so if you don't mind someone as new as you, you can contact me @ [email protected] or msn me at [email protected]

Nothing to contribute but sure can practice mandarin with you ;)

Hello Amelie,

I just arrived in Shanghai myself and will also be here for one year; I'm very interested in meeting new people.  I'm American, English-speaking and learning Mandarin too; I found a tutor at the University in the Mei Hong District where I'm located.  Let me know if you're interested in getting together for drinks and such.  Good luck getting settled in!

hi amelia,
nice to meet u, if interesting, you can contact me by msn:[email protected]

hey amelie,

i just got here as well to look for work in this city ... i'm a gal from singapore and i speak both english and mandarin ... m keen to meet more people in shanghai and hangout ... coffee, drinks, travelling around

u can give me a buzz on msn: [email protected]

take care,
wei

I agree with making friends with your co-workers, at least the friendly ones, to get to know people and the city first. You will be surprised how many people you can get to know through a few people first.

Hello there, I'm also new in shanghai and still very few friends. You can contact me @ [email protected]

Hi!
I am Cecilia I am Spanish and I just arrive too!!!!
You can contact me in [email protected]

my skype is williamdonald
also living in Pudong area.
Don't hesitate to contact me if need any help.

Hi All!

Welcome to our Expat-blog!

May you meet new friends on the Shangai expat network soon.

All the Best!

hello , welcome to china , the best wishes for you !

:rolleyes:
Why so many people come to my country?

anyway ~

welcome your guys coming !

:o

First, for Work, second, for Experience, third, ......hmmmm lots of things to mention......

Anyhow..........

Just like everybody here, I would love to meet new friends as well. Check me out ! If you're interested send me a message and we'll start from there.

Have a good life, good fun and good friends!...Welcome.....

Hi Amelie, I work at Zhang Dong Road, Pudong new district.
i am looking for meet people and experience new things. I enjoy travelling as well working.

Long story short, count me in :)

Regards,
Faisal
Email: [email protected]

Sorry this message goes to all in this group. cheers :)

Hi all

I will be moving to Pudong, Shamghai this week for a 6 months training in SANY.  Am looking forward to meeting folks from this forum to share and hang out with.

Cheers

David Lee

hello, I moved to shanghai in May, Might I make some friends here for going out drink togeahter and dancing?

Hi Amelie,

I just arrived in Shanghai myself few months ago from Canada and I'm very interested in meeting new friends. I'm Chinese and speak both English and Mandarin. Let me know if you're interested in getting together for drinks and such. also,if you need some health care assistance i mean in case of cold, just email me cause I work in a hospital in Putuo District.

Hello everybody,

I will be also new to in Shanghai. I will arrive in January 2011. I hope to meet new friends because I don't guess a life without friends. Hope to read you soon.

Regards,

Régis Latour

hello..i see a lot of newbies here...me too a new comer here n here for another week or so...Planning to hit hongzhou this weekend for day trip..heard its a nice place to visit....if anyone of the same interests is game to join the trip..do lemme know..

Hi Amelie,

I am Prashant from India. Its been about almost an year for me staying in Shanghai. If you need some help, please feel free to contact me.

And about learning Mandarin.. I am too a beginner. so if you want we can both help each other learning Mandarin.

You can contact me at:
[email protected]

Best regards,
Prashant

Hi,
Nice to meet you all!
I want to make firends in Shanghai to play togethe and make life more happy, also I hope I can improve my english.
My E-mail is [email protected]
BRs!

Paul

hi guys
i am indonesian, working here for only about 3 month until end of May.
interested to making friends with anyone, to feel the same being foreigner here
please do contact me if you are welcome me.

hi,guys,iam always in Shanghai too,and i can speak English and Mandarin,now i am in Ningbo,any question pls contact me by the skype:simon-chen1986 or my qq:119852731

Nihao, ... i'm a chinese-looking german guy (1.92m), can anyone handle with a 19 years  young student  ? :D

Hi guys,
Here are a lot of people who wants to meet together in Shanghai. So how about arranging any activity on Saturday?? Let's do a sightseeing and take a dinner afterwards...what do you think? Let's meet in a group of people...

Lukas