English Teaching job for non native English speaker

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jac, I am currently living in the United Kingdom but planning to move out and move to Japan. I would like to seek for a teaching job but my concern is I've been applying online for 2 months now but unfortunately I didn't receive any response so far.

Would it be easier to go to Japan in a tourist visa and apply for jobs and attend interview than applying online?

and How long is the visa process if ever I found a job and accepted an offer?

Please reply, your advise and responses would be highly appreciated..

thank you, Jacc

Okay Jac,
let's see if i can help you . First off , Going to Japan on a tourist Visa is exactly that "it is a "Tourist Visa" and you will have to prove you have enough money to do exactly what a tourist will do. Now that will not stop you from seeking a job and attending interviews but you will not be employed as a teacher on that Tourist Visa. Now if you do find a Company that will offer you the job ...You have to leave the country and apply to re-enter the country on a working visa. That company who has offered you the job will have to give you a sponsorship letter of approval and you have to submit that "letter" with your work visa application

Two visa categories
The new visa system creates two new categories of worker visas. One type allows unskilled foreign workers to obtain a five-year visa, but they cannot bring their family. A second visa is for more skilled foreigners who pass a Japanese language test. They will be able to extend the visa indefinitely, bring their families and eventually apply for residency.
Japan already has a "technical training" program for about 260,000workers from mostly Asian countries. The program has been criticised for abusive labor practices.

Looking at your post you have excellent english language skills with only a couple of grammatical mistakes which is no big deal regarding the teaching of English.You could pass as a native speaker. Do you have a TESOL/ TEFL certificate ? .

The two visa categories I mentioned above are "NEW CATEGORIES" and both have a visa trap installed in their respective categories . You could still qualify as a skilled worker with a teaching certificate under the old category which would not need Japanese language skills.

My thinking is you are being discriminated against simply because of your Philippine Passport and the Teaching English Jobs in Japan you are applying for. 

All is not lost : Let's say you choose another way to enter the country on a non-skilled worker visa. You could apply through POEA - Philippine Overseas Employment Administration..... and start here .....http://pinoylife.jp/jobposting/