Sending suitcases from Hanoi to a hotel in Savannakhet, Laos by bus

Hi All

I really would like to avoid flying to Hanoi and taking the luggage myself. There is a bus and a friend assures me that one can 'send luggage by bus' all the way to my hotel in Savannakhet, Laos.

Q: have you ever done such a thing? How was it?

No one will be interested in  c l o t h e s. But a total loss would be annoying.

Q2: how much to pay? Given the choice, I'd rather pay 2 million than fly over myself as there is a direct bus to the border town, MUKDAHAN and I'm in Bangkok these days.

Cheers!

Where are u going? Hanoi or savannaket? What bother is it taking a suitcase somewhere??????
Why pay to send it on a bus????
Not understanding your post.

Take the luggage with you. I would never trust sending it unaccompanied and expecting it to get to the hotel.
The chances of it ever getting through the border are low.
And yes, there are people who would be interested in the clothes.

Apologies, I'm not in Vietnam.

There is an easy way to get to Savannakhet, Laos.  (I've booked a guesthouse).

Flying over to take the luggage myself would be a hassle. But a friend told me that one can send luggage by bus. I've seen it all the time, but never across borders.

The suitcases are unlocked and contain just clothes, so any inspection will be welcome. And I'm not concerned about potential loss. (Who wants second hand suits & jackets old men wear).

stumpy wrote:

Take the luggage with you. I would never trust sending it unaccompanied and expecting it to get to the hotel.
The chances of it ever getting through the border are low.
And yes, there are people who would be interested in the clothes.

Oh, ahh.

Inside Vietnam? No worries! But I hear you and it might be impractical or prohibited across a border.