Business in Sri Lanka

Hi all
           I am seeking advice, about a setting up a small manufacturing business making model trains.
I have10000 wagons that need assembly along with other ideas, whats involved in such a venture?
any ideas?
geelongjohn

Hello friend,
   Are you trying to do Rail Bus services?

Hi Asela
no trying to get a model/toy train business up and running
also would like to have a real tourist train touring from Gallia to Kankasantural doing the local tours and have the train like a hotel on wheels with overnight stays on the Journey

geelongjohn wrote:

Hi Asela
no trying to get a model/toy train business up and running
also would like to have a real tourist train touring from Gallia to Kankasantural doing the local tours and have the train like a hotel on wheels with overnight stays on the Journey

Wow. sounds like a plan.  I believe you want to take a recommendation from the Railway Department because railroads are government property. we can't use it as we want. The best you can do is that prepare a proposal and explain what you trying to do.
All the best.

geelongjohn wrote:

Hi all
           I am seeking advice, about a setting up a small manufacturing business making model trains.
I have10000 wagons that need assembly along with other ideas, whats involved in such a venture?
any ideas?
geelongjohn

hi, Interesting idea.
Let's discuss it. Pls send your contact details?

Hi Arunad
               I need some help in getting this venture up and running
geelong john

This is a brilliant idea, I am in the tourism business for the past 18 years...I like to know more about your train models and the areas of service and what types of audience would be catering? can get the government support with the leads I have.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Nishan
                the model train factory is now register and samples are being built now.the tourist train idea is to have a dome type of car that the roof will be of a strong glass possible to slide along to allow people to look up at the wonderful mountain's of SL. the market is the world,
Australian sri lanka tourism has grown over 600 precent so there in a market here alone for such a service.plus Europe and usa. western's love a cheap holiday
john

awesome - I PM you

Hi,
Pls send your email address. I will communicate you.