I am getting Job In Sri Lanka at Katunayake Free Trade Zone

Dear All, I am getting a nice job in Katunayake Free Trade zone and company is asking me to stay near to this area within radius of 15Km. I will be relocating with my family (my son is studying in KG section). My queries are:
1, What are the approx. expenses for making nice, comfortable living with family in this area (means rent of excellent 2BHK house/appartment, expenses on food - vegetarian, schooling expenses - international school, petrol, eating outside on weekends, mobile, internet, facilities like water, electricity etc, medical consulatations etc., full time maid expenses.
2. How is this area to stay with family overall?
3. How is the experience in working in Free trade zone, in terms of overall govt. support, internal culture of factories, union / labour issues, fights etc. support of local management/staff etc.?
4. How about good schools and hospital facility around this area?
5. If i would like to keep full time driver etc.. what will be approx. cost in this area?
6. Are there any problems of electricity or power cuts etc.?
7. Any other expenditure or things to explore before relocating to this place?
8. What kind of clearance are required before applying for Work visa for Sri Lanka from India like clearance of Income tax (what is the procedure of that), like medical examination etc, (which tests and where) any other requirements?
9. In case i relocate for few months alone , and call my family after 6 months or so, then how one can manage for food etc.?

thanks for your support and guidance.
Ranjeet

Hello Bansa-  Welcome to Sri Lanka Im Suresh from Negombo

1. It will depend on you (for house around 10,000 - 15,000. for petrol around 100rs per 1L, Mobile 2rs per minit, food - for minimum use - 5,000rs per one adult person for 1month, internet is depend on networks (but you can get mobile board brand package for 11,00rs and 8GB limit for 1,250rs per month)

2. The area is cool (Katunayaka - Negombo main road) bt near to Trade Zone is verry busy and fulfill with some low level peoples)

3. As I heard there are no big issues with employee and employers.

4. Yes you can find some good inernational schools and Negombo Base Hospital is also give a exelant service.

5. I already replied.

6.  No this area has very stable power and water supply.

7. No bt you have to spend some mony for TAXI... LOL.

8. I think in ds matter I cant help you. Bcs I havent any idea about it... Sorry..

9. You can find good cook (male or female) arroun 10,000- 12,000rs.

* All the prices are in Sri Lankan rupees.

any way if you want any help mail me to [email protected]

thanks you very much suresh... your help and this information will be very useful for me...... i will surely be in touch with you once i reach there... kindly share your contact number also if possible.

Suresh, one more important point i wanted to ask is regarding cooking means... i mean is it like normal LPG gas is being used for cooking on gas burners or there are electric hot plates? If it is normal cooking LPG gas, then how is the availability, new connections... or there are pipe lines in the house for direct supply?

bansalraj20 wrote:

Suresh, one more important point i wanted to ask is regarding cooking means... i mean is it like normal LPG gas is being used for cooking on gas burners or there are electric hot plates? If it is normal cooking LPG gas, then how is the availability, new connections... or there are pipe lines in the house for direct supply?

-------

You can use LPG or Hotplate. If you want use LPG gas there are no direct supply lines. You have to buy a 12.5KG gas tin (starter fee is around 3,000 as a deposit. Gas Tin around 1,500Rs / and 2burner gas cooker can buy 3,000 to 8,000) I also use this kind of gas tin with 2burner gas cooker. Its enough for 2months for me and my wife (we cooked 2 times per day)

If u want use hotplate you have to find part time job for pay electricity bill...LOL. bcs in sri lanka we have to pay huge amount for electricity. dont worry its around 1500 - 2500 for usual usage per month for family.

I think the best choise is LPG gas.. for cooking.

Regards
Suresh

ok. I understand.. surely i will prefer to use LPG only then in that case.
Are new LPG connections are easily available or there is waiting period like in india?
I already have 4 burner Gas Stove with me. Shall i bring that or shall i buy new one there from LPG dealer itself.. what is your suggestion?

Dear Bansa I send a private message for you. So read it

Dear Suresh,

I have not received any private message from your side as told by you.

Regards

So check your inbox in this site (top right corner in page)

LPG gas can get without waiting.. best thing is buy a new one from sri lanka.. (you dont want buy one from LPG dealer)

Hi,
I have a  brand new fully furnished luxury house for rent or sale at minuwangoda, 4 mile from katunayake.
If you are interesting please let me know then I send you more details including pictures.
Regards!

Lalith Gunasinghe

Athura > please post in the classifieds !