Starting up a business in Sri Lanka

If anyone is interested to start a business in Sri Lanka, but is not sure how to get about it, and requires information on all aspects including approvals, company registration, consultancy etc write to me, as I came accross a person, who is very competent in this area.

He helped me out from the start, to get my company off the ground, source a suitable premises, obtain approvals, find staff etc And thanks to his advice I have managed to succesfully start my own company, and am operating successfully.

Glad to know that such people exist in this Island, and wanted to share my experience in this blog, so that others could benefit.

Cheers!

Hi Kevin Cruz, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Can you please give us some advices / information (here, on the forum) on how to start a business in Sri Lanka? This will definitely help other members who want to move to Sri Lanka and to start a business.

I suggest you also to write some articles in the participative Life in Sri Lanka guide.

Thank you very much for your help.
Christine

Hey you may have a look at this arugamstuff.com, that gathers all information related to formalities when opening a company in Sri Lanka. Cheers

Bonjour, i m a french going 3 to 6 month per in lankasince 9 years;
The problem since long time is than when your not in colombo , it s really hard to get real informations
since the end of the war, the country s changing and it s the right time to thinkof doing something in lanka
So my question s a basic one ,what to do be owner of a compagny
how much tax have to pay

What re you doing there?
And what s the easiest way to find a job for a french english speaker working in consutling and gestion
thanks for help

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

Hi mate
looking to distribute health food supplement in sri lanka,wanted to know what are the legal requirement and potential barriers to entry,i have a product and a company in Australia.

cheers ben

Hi Kevin,
I am from London and thinking to start a business in Sri Lanka. It would be great if you could email me that person's contacts to me. My email is [email protected]

Cheers

kindly get me informed my client from UAE wish to invest in Siri Lanka

Hi, looking into doing business in sri lanka, any help, input most welcome

Hi, can i have yr mail address? I see you r also from mru!

James and Nightbird,

Any luck on business ventures.
If you need a help from this end [LK] send me a PM with your business interest.
I will update you guys on what is required.

Zee

Hi All

We are planning to move to Sri Lanka shortly and would like to set up a small buisness that will help generate local jobs & provide training of various sorts.

Likely areas are construction, textiles, guest house, outdoor adventure / sports

Any advice on getting this started is most welcome.

My profile is on LinkedIn(Peter Nowson)for more info abut me.

Thanks in advance :)

regards

pete nowson

Hi pete,

Please note that this topic is from 2011. :)

Thank you,

David.

Pete, Sent you a request over the linkedin. PM me here with what help is required from Colombo.
Thanks,
Zee

[Moderated: please register in the business directory]

Hello kevin,

Glad that you have set up in srilanka.  So what type of company is it?  Im in London and looking for something to do myself once we sell our home.  Just a bit nervous and not sure what type of business to get involved in.

Regards
Roderick