Banking

Hola!  Is it possible to open Banco popular here in Georgia or do i have to wait to come to PR to open it there?  I dont have an address there yet and wont have a permanent one when i get there right away?

Hmmm, I don't know.  We opened our Banko Popular account in PR   

I like their app, makes bill paying ez.

Hi! I have the same question. original poster, do you have any sage wisdom a year later?
Also what paper work do I need to show to get a bank account?

I believe you have to come in. They ask for real ID (Drivers License, Passport), actual, not photo, Social Security Card. It is the know your customer laws.

You can keep your US bank, we have aBank of America and changed our address to our new PR address with no issue. Everyone accepts their checks.

Hey a different question,  would you know an approximate cost to have water and electricity installed at a work site that I plan to build on?

Hey 👋 so I did get to open an acct but they called to verify and said I needed to be here and ultimately closed the one I did online. I've since moved here and opened an acct

No, the electric company is now LUMA, you can call them and get someone who speaks English. We just had our appointment to change the service to our name yesterday, it was a 20 day wait.

In Palmas we have our own water utility, I think most of the rest of PR has the one national company. I would also call them.

As for cost, everyone tells us water and electricity is very expensive. Our first water bill was $50 and the first month electric was $285 for a 2400 sq ft home, all air conditioned.

Gotcha! Ok! Great! Sounds like it's a easy process. Yeah I want a PR account so I can have access to ATH.

And just a FYI Banco Popular isn't the only bank that participates in ATH