Credit reporting Puerto Rico vs the mainland

Hi all - I can't seem to find a definite answer. Are the credit histories/reports/scores different in Puerto Rico? Like if I apply for a loan, etc in Puerto Rico, do they look at my credit report in the states like through Experian, Equifax, Transunion? Or is moving to PR like starting over in terms of credit?

Nope! You credit score is the same. Actually, in the island the banks will look in more details to give you a loan. We just purchased a vehicle and end up financing the car with USAA since it was less hassle than the local bank.

Awesome that is good news. Thanks.

Are the credit agents in u.s. credit history the same as Puerto Rico

Is your credit history the same in the United States is the same in Puerto Rico

hey there, that question was already answered on this thread. scroll above and see the reply.

Yes credit reporting agencies are exactly the same as the main land U.S.A. There are only 3 big local banks and the Popular, First Bank and Oriental my recommendation Stay the hell away from Popular don't even look that way 😉 First Bank and Oriental are fine. Also there are many local credit unions about 70 or more (Cooperativas de Ahorro) they each have great deals on loans. The most important thing about moving to Puerto Rico don't put all your $$$ in just one institution. When hurricane Maria disaster happened the only institutions that were letting people have full access to the money in their account was First Bank and the local Cooperativas all others restricted the withdraws to just $100 daily.