LGBT Anyone?

Hello, I am John, I have recently arrived in Abuja and would like someone to let me know where in Abuja I could go to meet LGBT folk. Many thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Forum :)

Not good news I am afraid.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Nigeria face legal and social challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. The country does not allow or recognise LGBT rights. There is no legal protection against discrimination in Nigeria—a largely conservative country of more than 170 million people, split between a mainly Muslim north and a largely Christian south.

Very few LGBT persons are open about their orientation, and violence against LGBT people is frequent. Edafe Okporo fled Nigeria to the United States seeking asylum based on his sexual orientation and was granted political asylum in 2017. LGBTQ Nigerians are fleeing to countries with progressive law to seek protection.

Both male and female same-sex sexual activity is illegal in Nigeria. The maximum punishment in the twelve northern states that have adopted Shari'a law is death by stoning. That law applies to all Muslims and to those who have voluntarily consented to the application of the Shari'a courts. In southern Nigeria and under the secular criminal laws of northern Nigeria, the maximum punishment for same-sex sexual activity is 14 years' imprisonment. The Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition Act criminalises all forms of same-sex unions and same-sex marriage throughout the country.

Did you cut ans paste that comment?

The comments would not have been  cut and pasted as this is banned on this forum.
The information which has been given is correct.

Will Original wrote:

Did you cut ans paste that comment?

Yes it was,

But I thought it was common knowledge as it's been in the media, (even in the English press about the matter)

Anyway here is the link HERE for the source. I thought I had added it in my first post. Apologies that it did not show up.