US Embassy in Costa Rica

Anyone using the US Embassy for assistance while living as an expat in Costa Rica?

What kind of assistance? I have used them for social security issues and getting a new passport (though the pp was years ago).
They're kind of a pain in the butt, but I guess that's to be expected.

I know they are helpful if you are a victim of a crime. Has anyone used them for assistance such as this?  If so, please PM me. Thanks!

Hola,if you're a victim of crime,report it to the local police.The U.S. Embassy has helped me in a lot of ways.I got my children's "birth born abroad" birth certificates,and the their U.S.passports.My passport has been renewed a few times with little problem,and I just started getting social security through the embassy,with my check directly deposited into my BCR account ,no problem.My Tica even got a green card,and then later a 10 year visa with them.They are there to help us expats even though they lack kindness somtimes,but all in all pretty good,so glad they are there.Once a year they have an outreach seminar in Playa Tamarindo,the Embassy staff answers questions,renews passports,notarizes documrnts,and listens to your concerns about crime,absentee voting etc.I give the United States Embassy a B+ grade,