Hello

Hi there,

I'm Johnny and I've just recently moved to Accra. I'm from Northern Ireland and I've just spent the last couple of months working in the Congo. It was equally as much fun as it was terrifying.

I'm out here in Accra for the foreseeable future with work. So far, it seems like an amazing place, but I'm keen to make some new friends along the way, so if anyone fancies getting together for a drink, then please get in touch. I'm on the good side of thirty and enjoy music, bowling, cinema and all that.

Also, it would be really helpful if anyone could recommend a decent cleaner for me? I've literally just moved into a house with a couple of colleagues and it really isn't up to the standard that I'm used to and would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of someone that could come round here maybe twice a week and help sort the place out. We're looking for someone who has a good history of working with expats and that will obviously be able to clean when we're not in the house without any security concerns.

Thank you,

Johnny

Hi Johnny and welcome to the forum!

I hope other members will be able to help you soon.

Regards
Armand

Hi Johnny

My cleaner is very good but in Togo at the moment.  Her daughter is helping me out so she may want a job when her Mum returns.  I can keep you posted.  They are both very good, honest and reliable.

I am from Irish decent, brought up in Zimbabwe, moved to London and no an expat in Ghana...how confusing is that!

Best regards

Lucy

Hi Johnny, I'm moving to Accra in July 25. I would love to get a pint with you. What is the good side of 30? 32 or 38?  Ha ha!

I'll be having all the same questions you have now. Priority is looking for a place to live. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Lucy, we still haven't found any cleaning help yet. Going to keep on trying, but if you could drop me a message when your cleaner returns and frees up her daughter it would be much appreciated as we still may be looking.

Rich, I'll probably be on holiday in sunny Belfast towards the end of July / start of August, but keep in touch and we can certainly get a beer in when I return!

With regards to finding the right place to live, it's probably worth trying to find an area that is reasonably close to your work, but at the same time not in complete isolation. I'm currently living really close to my work, but it's pretty far out of town. I've got everything I need here (apart from any pubs) and I'm only about a 10 minute drive away from Accra Mall, but I would like to be more in the heart of the city.

Okay will do Johnny. 

Definitely better to be in the city as most of the pubs and restaurants are in the Osu area which is close to the centre.  Airport Residential is a great place to, its near the Accra Mall but during commuting hours and on Saturday, the traffic is horrendous and can take you ages to get into town.

Best regards

Lucy

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be working in East Legon so will try to find a place near there.