Home for rent

what would a house look like if would cost for 400usd?

a nipa hut

a month or a year?

Okwudili wrote:

a month or a year?

isn't it a silly Q?...

do you think an expatriate would rent a house for a 400usd / year?

@Funky, it is never a silly question, ok? I dont think you are well aware of the exchange rate of one dollar to the currency of the country wherein he is. And remember they use their currency, not dollar. You do not perhaps know the nature of the house and its location. it is only when we have been informed of the situation of the house and the exchange rate of the country that you and I will be at liberty to consider which question is silly or not. Besides, this is a public forum where everybody's opinion is substantial, unique and paramount, so mind the words you use. Derogatory words are taboo in this blog.

Okwudili wrote:

@Funky, it is never a silly question, ok? I dont think you are well aware of the exchange rate of one dollar to the currency of the country wherein he is. And remember they use their currency, not dollar. You do not perhaps know the nature of the house and its location. it is only when we have been informed of the situation of the house and the exchange rate of the country that you and I will be at liberty to consider which question is silly or not. Besides, this is a public forum where everybody's opinion is substantial, unique and paramount, so mind the words you use. Derogatory words are taboo in this blog.

what a silly answer! :):):)

Thank you Wise Funky

:offtopic:

please concentrate on the initial topic, thanks

I would think you would get a very nice house for $400.00 per month.  Maybe a three bedroom with indoor plumbing.  Possibly even hot water to the shower.

gracey25 wrote:

like a tent!!

gracey25 wrote:

Grace: Here are a couple classified sites that have pictures of many of the homes/apartments for rent.

Angeles City: angelescity.ph/index.php
Cebu, Manila, Davao, others: cebucity.olx.com.ph/

Most of the houses seem to rent at higher prices, so I would guess that a $400 house would be pretty basic (unless, perhaps, in the countryside/small town). There are decent-looking small apartments in Cebu, Davao, Angeles, etc for as low as $250.

Good luck.

Bob

if you'll rent here in Ortigas one bed room is about US$400

It's not much different than here in the USA,I rent a very nice 2 br apt in a small midwestern town for $380.00 a month.If I lived in New York City I couldn't get a good cardboard box for that price.
If you want a house in the Visayas or someplace like Samar (where my house is) or Butuan,$400 USD is plenty and will get you a really nice house.If you are looking in Manila that money will put you in a slum.Its all about LOCATION.

In Olongapo you can get a very nice (new) two bedroom one bath apartment for US $250.00.  If you want a furnished almost new you can get it for $350.00 US.

Well I guess it depends from a few factors.

It all depends on the location.
pinaymentor