Long term rentals in Ubud Bali

My daughter and I will be moving to Ubud in September. We need a one or two bedroom (inside living space) for one year, near the town center, so that we could walk everywhere.

I understand this would cost a lot more than a 10 minute drive outside of town, so I need to know what to budget for, especially considering you need to pay the entire lease term in advance!

Any specific Facebook pages you recommend for searching? Any house sharing options available in city center?

I've been living in Ubud for the past 21 years. 

In town long term leases are considerably more expensive for the simple reason that these properties yield far more income by renting short term to tourists, who very often also want to be right in town.   

My best advice to you is to wait until you and your daughter are actually here, in Ubud, and get to know the area, as well as to get to network with other expats and local Balinese.  Very often the best deals to be found here are by word of mouth.  Moreover, nothing beats being able to physically inspect the property and the neighborhood personally.

Good luck on your move to Ubud!

Thank you! That is the plan. We may rent a place a 10 minute scooter ride away from the city center to be away from noise and traffic. Do you know if there is any place to rent a quad monthly instead of a motorbike? I would feel safer transporting my daughter on a quad, especially during monsoon season. Is it legal to drive a quad on the roads?..

I've seen all sorts of motorized vehicles on the roads of Bali, but I can't recall any quads.  Maybe consider a small Jeep (Jimny).

As far a road noise goes when living "in town"...most all places are down small gangs off of the main roads and you'd be surprised how quiet they are.

I've never seen a road legal quad out here but there are several trikes.
There's no reason you couldn't fit seats in the cargo space and use one of those.
One note, the ones I've seen are all drum brakes so slow is good.

I was afraid they may not be road legal even though I do not know why they wouldn't be? Are they not fast enough?

What are drum brakes? Three wheels might be fine...

The things are quite common here, and perfectly legal as long as they're registered as a road vehicle and you have the correct licence, a SIM C.
A US licence is not legal in Indonesia.

The trikes are slow but they'll get you there, but I have to recommend keeping the speed down to a very safe stopping distance as drum brakes are really inefficient.
Most cars and bikes now have disk brakes as they stop you far quicker and require a lot less servicing to keep them in good condition, but many motorbikes still use them as back brakes.

The commercial cargo trikes tend to be a bit horrible to look at and ride, but are very easy to modify for rear seating, and there are plenty of local businesses that are capable of making the rear cargo area into a passenger cab.

There are also some very nice top end commercial trikes that look like normal bikes but have two wheels at either the front or back.
They look a lot better, ride a lot better, and are likely to be more reliable, but will cost you a lot more money.