Schools

I am moving from New York to Puerto Rico (not sure which area yet but most likely near San Juan).  What are the schools like, both public and private?  My kids are 9 and 10.  Also, are most schools bilingual?  My children don't know much Spanish.   Thank you.

Hi. I am also planning a move to Puerto Rico with my daughter who doesn't speak much Spanish yet. ALL public schools in PR teach in Spanish. If your kids don't speak enough Spanish to be able to follow along in class, your only options are private school (there are several on the island that teach in English), or homeschooling.

Hi there. Planning to move within 6 months and would love to meet people who already have their kids in some of the private schools there. Any in San Juan and Tasis or Dorado academy in Dorado. Also if anyone lives in Palmas del mar and has a kid in the private school there in would be also curious to know how it is. Might be a little too much like a bubble environment for us but since my husband's business will be close to ceiba..might be an option. Thank you very much. Natacha

Gamoucha wrote:

Hi there. Planning to move within 6 months and would love to meet people who already have their kids in some of the private schools there. Any in San Juan and Tasis or Dorado academy in Dorado. Also if anyone lives in Palmas del mar and has a kid in the private school there in would be also curious to know how it is. Might be a little too much like a bubble environment for us but since my husband's business will be close to ceiba..might be an option. Thank you very much. Natacha

As I understand from other posters, the Palmas Academy is very good, and very active with activities. I do not have kids so I can not give you my opinion.

Thanks again. I will look into it

Thank you everyone.