Cheapest cities in England

Hello everyone,

Budget is an important consideration when moving to England. Ideally, expats would settle down in a city in England where the cost of living is low but where they could also enjoy a decent quality of life. Would you be able to give a few tips to someone planning a move to England by answering the questions below?

What are the cheapest cities in England?

Why are they cheap? What singles them out as a city where the cost of living is low?

What is the average budget for one person living in these cities?

Is it easy to find a job as an expat in these cities? What is the overall quality of life like?

Are they expat friendly? Would you recommend these cities to someone looking to settle in England?

Please share your experience,

Bhavna

I don't thinks so there is cheapest city in the England if you compare than other countries.

thealexanderzingman wrote:

I don't thinks so there is cheapest city in the England if you compare than other countries.

Try Hong Kong, Monaco, Japan, and plenty more.

On topic, there is a wide range of costs from the very highest - probably London - to places such as York, then working down to old industrial areas including pit villages and shipbuilding towns.
Property values are the biggest indicator but low prices come with problems - The cheaper the area, the more likely it is to be a crime hotspot, especially drugs.

In comparison with other English cities, Newcastle is the most affordable.  A look at the online data available to us tells me it's 23% cheaper than London.