Likelihood of finding Rental Property with Working Fireplace??

I see a lot of rental listings have "feature fireplace" listed, but it seems like the majority are just for show and don't work. Is it very hard to find a rental with a working, wood-burning fireplace? Are there areas/neighborhoods where we would be more likely to find one?
*I grew up with one and it is the one thing that will really make a new place in a new country feel like home*

There are not many homes left with coal burning fires; I live in an old mining village where ex-miners got free coal, but that stopped some years ago and the fires were removed as part of the modernising that went on.  There are restrictions on what can be burnt in them.

Some homes in the UK have wood-burning stoves in them.  However, there are genuine emission issues around the wood being burned and many areas are considering banning them, so they are probably a feature that is in decline.

Older houses are more likely to have them built in.

Rental places tend not to be common as accidents can happen and landlords don't wish their houses burning down. Saying that there is talk to ban all open fires and wood burning stoves to reduce air pollution.

Thank you for the responses! I'm resigned to this reality now... but I understand why, given the emissions issues and risks...

@mariavk16 you might want to consider suggesting [link moderated]/ for some of the rental agencies. . . I know it must be frustrating to live without one and there are many options!! You might could even get a stove yourself from the London Fireplaces site. I am not too sure if there are specific areas that feature working ones already but like I said it wouldnt hurt to suggest to the companies to having them revamped! Good luck!

-SAM

@mariavk16 you might want to consider suggesting [link under review]/ for some of the rental agencies. . . I know it must be frustrating to ...

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The original post was many years ago and the guy asking has not been back on the Forum for 2 years now, so I suspect you won't get a response. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cynic

Expat Team